Sunday Family dinners

West to west-Allen family dinners throughout the years.

1.

Barry has been getting in the car just to go down the road to the West's house for dinner. Barry's classmate Iris West lived 5 minutes away from him. He didn't really talk to her because she had "cooties" as everyone believed girls and boys did in 5th grade.

On a Sunday night, Barry would much rather be watching tv than going to some girls house with his mom and dad and eating dinner. Barry didn't like Iris. Not that she was mean, just that, he knew they'd never have anything in common. Barry was smart and nerdy, Iris was popular and sporty.

Barry has complained since the day they got the invitation to come over. Barry's parents and Iris' father were good friends before Barry and Iris met. Barry didn't approve of their friendship.

"Seriously dad! You know me and Iris don't even look at each other!" Barry complained as Henry ties his sons tie.

"Calm down slugger, you'll be fine. Just start some small talk and win her over with your Allen charm." Henry winked as his mother walked in.

"I hardly think it's from the Allen side." Laughed Nora Allen.

Barry snickered at that as his father tried to look offended.

"You'll be fine Barry. We'll only be there 2 hours tops. Just talk to them and be friendly please honey?" She asked as she cupped his face.

Barry nodded slowly and when his mother turned he rolled his eyes.

"Let's go son." Said Henry as he patted Barry on the back.

-

When they arrived at the west house Barry hid behind his mother as his father rang the doorbell.

Iris walked up to the door and opened it. "Hi Mr. and Mrs. Allen." She waves a little as they walked in and Barry soon walked in also. "Hi Barry." She smiled.

"Hey Iris." Barry fake smiles not wanting to be there at all.

"Hey Barry." Said Joe as Barry walked in.

"Hi Mr. West." Barry smiled and nodded up at him.

"It's nice to see you guys." Henry smiles as they took their seats at the table.

"Same here." Said Joe as they started to eat.

Barry day next to his mom and dad. He didn't have any intentions on socializing tonight.

Little did he know this would be happening way more often.

2.

"Oh my gosh bare!" Iris cried out and dropped her silverware on her plate loudly.

"Yes?" Barry answered wincing at the sound.

"Tonight's your last Sunday dinner until you go to college. Oh I'm gonna miss you so badly bare." Iris held onto his shoulder.

"That's right. I completely forgot about that." Barry looked at Joe.

"Yeah. Son I never thought you'd grow up. Honestly." Said Joe with a smile.

"Wow thanks joe." Barry scoffed.

"Iris will be off to college soon but not as soon as you." Joe sighed.

"I promise I'll visit you and Iris all the time." Barry nodded.

"Oh you better." Joe patted Barry on the back.

He saw the pleading face o Iris that said 'I want to be alone with Barry'. So joe obliged.

"Barry I'm gonna miss you so much." Iris let a tear slip.