An old friend

Jimin Pov

There a silhouette stood with tears dropping from her eyes whilst her mouth was covered with her trembling hands. Surrounding her were the shopping bags from different stores in the humans' town not so far from pack territory. Her gaze was stuck on the lifeless body in front of her whilst her body began to limp and she would have fallen if not for the fast movement from her mate.

"Cassie! Be careful! Are you okay? Let me see!" Jungkook caught his mate in his arms whilst examining her face and body to see what happened to her.

Jungkook had found his mate a few years ago. She was from a pack which kept themselves hidden from others. How they met then? Well according to Jungkook during a mission he had hurt himself and before he passed out smelt an intriguing smell which made him forget the pain. Just before he fell unconscious he remembers someone asking if he was okay. He woke up in a cave with someone helping him and that someone was, you guessed it, it was Cassie. They had marked each other on that day which lead to Cassie joining us.

Anyway, soon Jungkook quiets down after making sure his mate was absolutely fine but Cassie was still sobbing whilst muttering 'sorry' countless of times. Jungkook had gotten her to calm down after kissing her mark a few times. How I wish I could do that..

Once Cassie had completely stopped crying apart from some sniffles I began to speak..
"Cassie.." She visibly tensed when she heard my voice which cause a growl to erupt from Jungkook. It was natural to become protective over your mate therefore I allowed him to growl despite him growling at the alpha. Under normal circumstances he would get a punishment but i had to talk to Cassie. She knows something about my mate. I can sense it. The only kind way to do that is to talk to her whilst her mate is here. So in the most calmest voice I could muster I began to question her...

"Cassie.. do you know her?"

When the words left my voice i could see she became slightly uncomfortable. Am i really that scary? I again questioned. I need answers.

"Cassie answer me... Do you know my mate?"

When i said that I heard a few gasps from Jin and Marie as they didn't know she was my mate whilst Cassie's eyes shot up and looked at me in surprise. This confused me but I lost that feeling when she began to talk...

"Yes Alpha. I know her. She's an old friend.Is she really your mate??"

To say she caught me of guard would be a lie. Not only does she know my mate but she suddenly gained the confidence to question me. What happened to the timid girl from a second ago?

I could see I wasn't the only one caught of guard. So was Jungkook and the others. It was the first time Cassie talked to me whilst looking straight into my eyes without fear.

"Yes she is my mate. Why do you ask?" I answered her in a less calm voice as i was not one to accept any signs of disobedience in any of my pack. Don't get me wrong, they are allowed to be confident but they are not and will not use a disobedient tone with me by questioning me.

"No reason. I'm just surprised that she's here. I heard they all died so I automatically thought she was dead too." She replied unfazed by my change in tone but showed a hint of sympathy and relief.

But something caught my attention. Died? She almost died before now? And who are they?
She must have read my thoughts when she replied. "Alpha.. If she's your mate I think its better to tell you something about her. But in order to do that, it's better you understand the relationship between her, me and the pack as a whole."

I automatically nodded my head and sat down on a chair next to Tae, whilst we began to listen to Cassie.

Cassie's Pov