Beginning of the end

Warning!
Description of blood, torture, death etc. Please dont read if not comfortable. 

It has been roughly 2 weeks since Cassie had left the pack to go to her mate's pack. It has also been around 4 weeks since I was temporarily thrown out of the pack for what i hadn't done. I'm not going to lie, I hold a grudge against both my brother and dad for what they did since they technically lied about Mum's death and blamed it on me. Yet I didn't hate them. I don't now why but deep down I knew something was wrong. The way they acted when they sent me away, it looked like they were holding back tears. Even that idiot brother of mine looked like he was hurt when he throw me out. But maybe I was imagining it?

Life here wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, though it felt like I was a rogue as I needed to hunt for my food and compete with others for it, which I didnt have to do before. It was done for me by those who were assigned to do the hunting, whilst I did my job of being the 'brain' of the pack. Despite my young age I had been seen as one of the top fighters and intelligence in the pack. My daily life was full of boring meetings and work but I also had more free time due to my Father's and Mother's help. Though I complained about it and wished to be alone most of the time, I now wish that I had people with me. It's scary being alone. I do get sneaky visitors from the pack at times but now that Cassie has left they too have stopped coming, probably the better choice because if they were caught then they might be punished for it.

Too caught up in my thoughts i hadn't realised the smoke raising a few miles in front of where I currently reside. I didnt realise it till the disgusting smell of something burning wafted through my 'home' and into my nostrils. This was followed by what sounded like screams. I had ran out instinctively to see only a few miles away from here a ferocious fire burning everything in its way. Then it hit. It was in the direction of my pack. No it was my pack that was a blazed in flames.

Running as fast as my legs could take me I arrived to the entrance of my pack land. I had only taken a step through the border and I could already see the destruction before my eyes. The dead chard bodies of my pack. The terrified look on everyone's face. The screams of horror that penetrated the previous silent evening that was only a few minutes ago.

My feet sprang into action and I began to run into buildings that I could hear people shouting from all sides, whilst dodging the fights that were surrounding me. I wanted to help but the priority in a wolf fight is to ensure the survival of the pack members, plus wolves had there own stations and jobs in situations like this and mine is to make a path for the children to escape.

"Yn!! Help please! I'm scared!" A familiar voice shouted when I had entered the building. It was Henry. Henry was one of the pups who I would read to in my spare time. He stood out because he was always loud and confident which others would confuse for arrogance. For a 5 year old he was talented but was reckless.

He reminded me of me and it just lead to us being quite close. So when I saw him and some other pups stuck under a beam that had fallen, my motherly instinct had taken over and I ran in through the flames to save them. After a few heavy lifting I had counted 6 pups in total in this room. Apparently there was a total of 7 so I was missing one. My main priority was to get these 6 out first and that's what i did. I had taken the 3 who couldn't walk on to my back and had the other 3 follow next to me out of the building.

Thankfully the last pup that was supposed to be in that building was already at the bottom with her mother. I had entrusted the children to the mother and told her to take them out of the pack to my cave. The kids knew where it was after all they did visit a lot.

"What about you yn?" The mother had asked.

"Yeah we can't leave you here. Come with us" Henry pleaded.