Lipstick

Yn calmed from her initial emotions of relief, surprise and utter disbelief, as she held on to the child, her child, miraculously stood in front of her. Her mind took no time to think about how this was possible or if it was real in the first place, instead taking it's time to bask in the figure's presence in which keeps it sane. So as the child melted in her embrace, Yn took no care as to what was happening around her or the possible reality that this was just her mind playing tricks on her, just enjoying the feel of her child in her arms.

But as time passes, the two not saying anything, Yn's mind starts to function again as the reality of the situation grounds her. "How?" Yn chokes out desperately, this time the fear of having to lose Jaemin and this just being a twisted dream shook her to the core. The last thing Yn could remember was Roxy talking to her as her eye's laid on to her stomach that was soaking in blood. And if what she had felt from her lower region was correct, the child in front of her was not meant to be. But how she wished that was not the case.

"I wanted to meet you." Jaemin spoke slowly, hands grasped on Yn's stomach before she looked up at her. "I wanted to make sure to tell Mummy that it wasn't her fault, and that I love her." 

Yn's eyes, swollen by tears, racked the girl's face that spoke so maturely and selflessly in front of her, not being able to comprehend the words she was saying. No, she knew exactly what she was saying but wished for it not to be true. "Jaemin.. What are you saying? You're here with me-" "You know exactly what I mean, Mummy. And I don't blame you. In fact, I'm happy you fought so much for me. It's everything I could ask for." Jaemin smiled gratefully at Yn.

"No! Jaemin-" Yn shook her head frantically, not wanting the reality of the situation sink in. "I'll just stay with you here. And everything-" "Is that really what you want? To run away from your problems and hide here." Jaemin asked seriously.

"That's-" "Do you know why I wanted to meet you so much that I asked the moon goddess to let me meet you before she takes me with her?" Jaemin interrupted, for the first time telling Yn how this meeting was possible. "I wanted to meet my strong mummy who always knew what the right choice was no matter how much it hurt her. But looking at you now, I wonder if I made the right choice." Jaemin's word's stabbed at Yn's chest especially as her eyes glazed with disappointment. She wanted to meet her mother who was always strong and happy, not someone who was pathetically avoiding reality. 

Seeing this Yn, closed her eye's tight, hiding the tears that would flow if she would not control them. That's correct, she thought to herself. How could she forget who she was when she was fighting so hard to keep herself? 

In the midst of her battle with herself, she had forgotten that Yn wasn't a damsel in distress or someone who would let herself be drowned without a fight. She was a woman who stood in the face of death and spat at it, challenging it to take her life as she laughed happily ignoring it. But somewhere in the middle of the battle, she had sacrificed and hidden parts of her true self in fear of losing herself completely. Not realising that the more she hid, the more the woman she wanted to become melted away like snow. 

With that realisation, Yn eyes opened no longer seeing the pitch black room around her but instead she was stood in the hallway she knew very well. But this time she wasn't alone. Jaemin's hands still grasped at hers as she pulled her mother along the corridor, passing through walls and people no one seeing them. But Yn didn't question anything as she let her baby drag her along, with her tiny hands gripping onto her larger ones, twisting and turning through corridors after corridors until her little feet slowed coming across to a group Yn knew all too well.

Jimin along with the whole crew, except Jin and Marie, were crowded around the operating room in the medical wing. Yn scanned their faces, all holding scowls as the visible tension rose around them, one that could  be cut effortlessly with a knife. Her eyes slowly dragged on the girls, who had injuries raging from gnashes to bruises, but thankfully they were nothing serious- healing at a steady rate. But Yn's eye's didn't remain on the girls for much longer as her eyes directly met with a tired and remorseful Jimin, who looked like he could see her, though it was not the case. As when she turned around to look, she was face to face with a furious Yoongi.

"So? Are you going to answer then?" He spat, body shaking. Yn didn't know what the conversation was about or why everyone looked like they were about to blow a fuse, but reading Yoongi's body language YN knew it was serious. But before she could question what Jaemin was doing by bringing her here, her mouth froze as Jimin spoke.

"You don't know anything.." Jimin whispered, his voice catching everyone's attention. He was no longer crouched down, grounded by fear and remorse, but stood on his feet as he looked down at everyone. "I already said it was a misunderstanding. I never cheated-" "Then tell us where the lipstick came from." Roxy interrupted, getting straight to the point. "I'll explain when Yn is awake and-" 

"No. You're going to tell us now." Yoongi stepped in. "We have plenty of time whilst we wait for Jin's news, so please do inform us of this misunderstanding." Yoongi was usually a calm person and never one to show his irritation, but it was clear to everyone that Yoongi was far from calm as he spoke. His voice was tight as he tapped his feet impatiently on the ground in an obnoxious and hurried rhythm. 

As for Yn, she kept her back to Jimin not having the guts to look at him in fear of what she saw. But the little hand on her own brought her back to reality as she looked down at her. "Listen Mummy." She whispered before she looked at Jimin. "Listen to Papa." Yn nodded her head slowly, breathing in roughly as she stayed rooted in her spot. She wasn't going to run away, but couldn't bring herself to look at him.

"You were with me, Hyung. On the day's I got the lipstick stains." Jimin replied defeated, bringing to light a new piece of information. "What?" Yoongi questioned, caught of guard by his sudden involvement in the 'cheating' allegations. "You were with me when we went to those meeting with the other Alpha's."

Yn watched as Yoongi's frowned at Jimin's words, watching his face scrunched in confusion as to what the meeting had to do with the lipstick. "Yes I was but what has that got to do-" "I got the lipstick marks from there. You saw it yourself, we were bunched up in the after meeting parties and lipstick smeared on me. " Jimin pushed, seeing the realisation and understanding dawn on everyone's faces. "I didn't notice the lipstick myself until I came back-"

"Then how come only you had it?" Roxy interrupted. Unlike the others who understood the possibility of lipstick accidentally smearing on a shirt if you were to bump into someone, Roxy on the other hand still had her doubts. "How come none of the other boy's got lipstick on them and only you?" Jimin panicked as he too had no idea as to why he was the only one with lipstick on his shirt. But thankfully for him, he wasn't the only one with a lipstick covered shirt. 

"I got lipstick on me twice at one of the conventions." Taehyung piped in, eyes all turning to him. Lily too looked at him but instead of surprise she just nodded." Yeah, I saw it. But he explained to me straight away so I didn't worry." Lily added, pointing at the places he had make up stains on his clothes. And though it did save and prove Jimin's point, the way Taehyung handled the mess was much more mature and correct than Jimin, something that Yn didn't miss to think about. How come he didn't just say something about it, instead of hiding it? It just made him look more guilty even if he wasn't.

However, before the questions could continue and more could be said, the door of the operating room open, light dimming as Jin stepped out, face solemn and broken; voice grave and strained.

"I'm sorry.  We tried our best but.."

--------------------------------------

I'm sorry about not updating yesterday. I was suffering from a migraine that wouldn't disappear for hours so I couldn't get onto my laptop to update. But like promised I'll do double today. The next one will be out later. Thank you.

Do you all believe Jimin's excuse for lipstick? And if you do, do you think Yn will forgive him?