Chloe

3rd and last update of the day

"Yn! There you are. I've been looking all over the place for you." Marie called walking in to the familiar medical room. "Sorry. I wanted to stay with Chloe for a bit before I get something to eat. What did you need me for?"

Yn turned towards Marie, watching carefully as she swayed with her bulging stomach towards her, taking a seat next her before turning to Yn with a sly smile. "Is that really the reason? Or has it got something to do with the screaming from 30 minutes ago?"

Yn blushed feverishly at having being caught by Marie. Marie laughed whole heartedly making jokes to stir Yn into a frenzy as she tried to defend herself. "He deserved it. How was I supposed to know that it was him in the darkness." Yn complained, biting her lip as she avoided Marie's gaze.

Yn's screamed had awaken everyone on the same floor as them and the one underneath. Everyone had came running to the door, half dressed and breathing heavily, thinking that Yn had been attacked again. But instead when they opened the door, they saw Yn straddling Jimin, who was squirming under her, avoiding the pillow that Yn was hitting him with.

It was quite a sight to see, something that had caused everyone stood there to laugh out loud. It had caught Yns attention, which propelled her towards them saying things about a 'monster' intruding, which ultimately was the cherry on the cake.

After the misunderstanding had been cleared, Jimin puffing in annoyance and scissors in his hand so he could cut his fringe, Yn had ran off in embarrassment, no where to be seen. Until now that is.

"Aren't you going to see him off though?" Marie asks after a while of teasing. She was no longer playful and held a motherly tone as she held her stomach.

Yn pauses her gentle movements of playing with Chloes fingers, that were much warmer than before, turning to Marie with a downcast expression.

"You're not going are you?" Marie concluded seeing her expression. "I didnt say that. Its just I don't know what to say when I see him, that's all." Yn sighs out as she turns her full attention to Marie, not realising that the hand she dropped twitched.

"What am I supposed to say to someone who might not come back?"

"Who says he won't come back?" Marie fired back, ignoring Yns question. "You're already concluding he's going to die before the fight has even begun." She takes Yns hand into her own, voice slightly more gentle as she tried not to get angry at Yn.

"Its not that you fear he's not coming back, it's the fear of knowing this might be the last time you see him that's holding you back, right? Because even if you try to fight it, he still means the world to you and this is something you have always feared. The one person who loves you unconditionally is about to risk his life for you and you can't do a single thing about it."

Yn listens as Marie lists off the reasons that sum up her own conflict. She was right. Yn was afraid that if she sees him leave and never come back, then she would go crazy with guilt. Guilt that she was the cause of his death. Guilt that they never made up again. And guilt because she never told him she loved him. Her fears of losing him was much more horrifying than anything she had experienced. And that too was another reason for her hesitation. Her love for him was much more important to her than any possible apology or action of repentance that she would receive if they were able to get a hold of Jumoon. And this thought scared her.

"Whatever you choose Yn, you have to live with it." Marie started after a short break of silence. "I'm not going to say that Jimin or the other boys will come out of this unscathed. Nor am I going to say that we will win this with no large casualties. We know for a fact that isn't going to be the case, so I'm not even going to comfort you with fake lies. But what I will say is that we need to have some sort of belief in them. Belief that they will be okay and believe that they will come back with an answer that would satisfy everyone."

With that Marie left, tapping Yn on the shoulder, excusing herself as she wanted spend some time with Jin. Though he would not be on the front lines, he was going to be at the battle field, taking injured soldiers and helping them. Like everything, this too comes with a risk. For if the enemy was to find his hideout where the injured were, they would become easy targets to pick off.

As Marie left, Yn returned back to Chloe, her mind still fresh with the talk with Marie. Her eyes drifted to the clock showing they had 15 minutes before the warriors were to leave and it would be the last time she would be able to talk to Jimin and the rest of the boys before they left. Though she had wished them luck through the link, she had yet to do so in person knowing they would like to spend time with their mates. And though she could talk to Hoseok, he was busy saying goodbye to his students and was spending large amounts of time at the borders recently. Though Yn had the inkling feeling that he might have met someone there, she saw no reason to but in to his business, as long as it didnt bring harm to him.

So all alone, Yn stayed quiet to herself wondering what she wanted to do now that she was alone with these thoughts.

"What are you waiting for? You know the answer so just go." The voice that spoke was quiet but rough due to not having used it in a long time. But it was a voice that brought tears to Yns eyes as she dragged her sight down to look at the shining globes of the 6 year old.

"Chloe?! You're awake!" Yn cried out in disbelief and happiness, seeing her child awake after so long brought tears to her eyes. Tears that for once weren't sad ones. "Hmm." Chloe smiled back, painfully moving her cheeks so she could smile brightly. "You don't need to force it. Just give it time." Yn quickly warned lovely, her hand reaching to the button by the bed to alert the medical staff of her being awake. But as she reached, a small hand slithered around hers stopping it. "Chloe..What are you-?"

"You have more important things to do right now. Go there first. I'm not going anywhere." She interrupted, her words making it clear what she was talking about.

"Chloe.."

"Please. I don't want you to regret it like Aunt Marie said you might. I heard it all. Everything that happened I could hear it. I know you and Alpha adopted me. And I know what happened since then. I heard everything you said to me, when you complained and when you battled with the voices in your head. I heard it all. Including the things Alpha said too. He truly loves you, I could feel it when he stayed with me and you. And because of that, I want you to go and fix everything before it's too late." Chloe revealed through her scratchy voice. She lifted her hand that was connected with Yns and slowly pushed it towards the door.

"Go. And take this with you." She simply said, popping something into Yns hand. "Where did you get this?" Yn asked confused looking at the piece in her hand. "Alpha Jimin gave it to me to look after. He said something about wanting me to keep it safe. Now stop asking questions and go. You're going to be late."

Chloe verbally ushered Yn out of the room, before slouching back down on the bed with a groan. Her eyes drifted to the clock seeing that there was 5 minutes before Jimin and the others were to set off.

"Please get there on time Mama." She whispered before sleep over took her and she fell back into a slumber.

-------------------------------------------

Change of plans.
I was supposed to finish this today but got distracted by Kdramas and also have to go sleep over at my aunt's.

I'll have to finish it tomorrow. Theres only 3 more chapters to go and then an epilogue so I should be fine.

Anyway thanks for reading.