Safe

"Alpha, it's time. We need to leave." Hoseok informs Jimin, knowing they had to leave now if they wanted to catch Jumoon by surprise.

"Huh? Oh okay. Tell everyone to get ready to leave." Jimin replies, tearing his eyes away from the pack house towards Hoseok. Hoseok nods but doesn't move to spread the order. Instead he looks towards the pack house before glancing at Jimin.

"You're waiting for Yn, aren't you? Do you think she'll come?" He questions though he could already guess the answer.

"I'm not sure. I haven't seen her since this morning. Apparently everyone got a message from her, but I haven't heard a thing. I'm just worried for her that's all."  Jimin sighs out, not hiding anything from his hyung.

His eyes stay glued on a specific window that was Yns and his bedroom, hoping by chance she would look through the window and he'd see her before he left. After all, it could be the last time he would ever see her. He wasn't naïve to think that he would come back totally uninjured or come back having not lost anything. It was a battle. And on the battlefield there was no such thing as mercy.

"We need to go. I'm sure she'll be here for our return." Taehyung called feeling the dampening of Jimin's mood. He pulls Hoseok away from Jimin, telling him to spread the news that they were leaving to the soldiers, whilst Taehyung took the last moments with Lily, who wished him a safe return. Jimin's eyes lingered on the couple before moving away to the front, not wanting to see such a scene knowing he couldn't have the same. He was jealous, he knew that. And he also knew that it was his fault he couldn't have such a moment like this with Yn, but he couldn't help and wish that everything was different.

-:Yn, where are you? We are leaving. Please come see Jimin off. :- Hoseok mind links Yn, having seen the distraught on Jimins face, hoping she'll hear it and come before they passed the borders. Once pass the borders, they would all shift and Hoseok knew Yn wouldn't be able to catch up. Not without Crystal.

With final goodbyes from their mates and pack, the boys got into position ready to lead their factions. Jimin turns away from the pack house, eyes lingering for a moment before he starts the march to the border. He had to concentrate on this. He couldn't risk the lives of everyone just because he wanted to think about what would have been possible if he had taken a different path. The lives of hundreds of soldiers and the happiness of their families were in his hands.

After all, Bangtan wasn't the only pack to be involved in this attack. They had gained a plethora of fighters from surrounding packs and the council so they could at least have an advantage in numbers. The exact numbers of Jumoon men were unknown, however with a bit of scouting done by Roxy, they were able to get an estimate. Taking that estimate as a template, they doubled their fighters and had some on standby just in case. Jimin wasn't taking any chance.

The march came to an end as everyone who was leaving started to shift in order of faction. The medical troops were the first to shift due to the heaviness of the medical equipment they were holding followed by the search and rescue team. Slowly all factions started to shift, Jimin being the last so he could say a few words before they leave. But before he could speak, he picked up the scent of someone who he was waiting for.

His ears caught her feet padding on the soil as she took in deep breathes oxygen to make up for her lack of it. His nose caught the smell of her perspiration mixed in with the ting of his own scent. But what caught his attention was the metallic smell of blood that coated her side.

Panic had filled him as the scent stung his nose, his body ready to fly towards her body to check on her. His eyes glowed a crimson red, all wolves bowing in fear as anger flowed out of him. It drenched his body, veins bulging at the thought of her being injured again right under his nose. The force emitting from him was enough to send shivers down even the heartless and fearless of beings, much less the most warm and lovable beings. And thus, not even his closest of friend were spared from cradling in fear.