Gift

Long chapter

The two remained silent, still in each others embraces, as they healed spiritually and emotionally. There was still questions to be asked and stories to be revealed as the time they spent apart was too big of a space to fill with just the emptying of their hearts. But neither took the lead to ask those inquiries nor did they make the move to make space between them.

Though Yn had yet to decide her verdict on the situation, they both knew they needed time to bask in each other's presences and heal the bond that would fluctuating once again. This would be the last lifeline if a detrimental choice was made, for what Yn's chooses would entail a butterfly effect on their future, their relationship and the pack itself. So just for a little while more, the two wished to escape from the complicated lives they held and just be normal.

And though the two were quiet on the outside, it didn't mean it was the same for their inner souls. Right now, both minds were at war with each other, trying to weigh each choice they had and draw a conclusion from that. Having, your heart, mind, soul and being saying all different things was truly a force to be reckoned with. It was an unattainable power, like the unstoppable force of a storm verses a small fishing boat. One clear with who would come out victorious. One that would leave the other completely obliterated in to specs of dust.

However, as time passed the silence naturally fizzled away as the questions and answers were hard to contain. "I've made my decision." Yn finally spoke. Her voice was full of conviction as what felt like hours of battling with herself came to an end.

Jimin released Yn from his hold, face holding a small smile as he too made his decision. Whatever she would choose, Jimin was ready for it. He knew that if she chose to take a break from everything, he would happily give her some space. Whilst, if she was going to break the last of their connection, he would respect her decision and hope somewhere in the future they could mend their relationship or at least remain friends. However, there was one choice Jimin was afraid of. And if she was to choose that choice, he wondered if he would readily accept it.

"Listen to the end, okay? I want to explain my choice too instead of just a few words exchange."

Jimin nodded in understanding seeing nothing wrong with what she was saying. In fact, he preferred it. Rather than a short answer he would get a full one so he wouldn't have to wonder why she came to that decision. 

"I truly do love you and believe that everyone deserves a second chance, but at the same time I can't seem to bring myself to forgive you. It's like I know I have to forgive you and I want to but somethings holding me back. And that something is trusting you. Trusting that this was a one time thing. Trusting that you won't just abandon me again. And trusting that I can bare everything out to you without feeling that I'm going to get judged or worse. That's the type of relationship I have always admired and it's the one I want between us. Something much deeper than just love and the mate bond. Something that has the stability. Knowing we can bounce back effortlessly from fights and support each other through thick and thin. And because of that, I can't promise you that we can go back to how we were and pretend like this never happened. I want us to build up that trust and stable ground first, before I jump back into anything. So what I'm saying is, I won't reject you but I also don't feel comfortable going back to how we were before, therefore we'll meet in the middle. We'll give it time and see how it goes."

Yn shut her eye's immediately after saying her piece expecting some type of negative reaction or his wolf spiralling out of control, but nothing came. Instead, she was welcomed with an unexpected reaction of Jimin hugging her and replying with a barrage of thank you's.

"Thank you so much. I'm so happy you decided that route. I would have hated it if you had forgave me so easily." 

"Huh?" Yn involuntarily sounded, taken back by the sudden confession.