Too Late

Warning: Sensitive topic ahead. Please read with caution.

Yn was always the patient type when it came to fighting. Waiting for the opponent to get ticked off and make a mistake or waiting until she spotted a weakness when they fought. Having grown up with a well respected solider for a father and an Alpha warrior descent for a mother she was taught to fight in a certain way that wouldn't bring shame to her parents. It also didn't help that her older brother found fighting as easy as changing his clothes. Being brought up in a family that screamed success, it was no surprise that Yn had picked up a skill or two: whether through genetics or a tough childhood.

So when Jumoon had stalked up to her in human form, with a knife that without a doubt had wolf-bane on it, Yn didn't bat an eye nor moved even when he was mere centimetres away. She knew in her state and in the little energy she had left, there was a limitation to what she could do before she would collapse in exhaustion. So waiting for a moment where Jumoon makes a mistake, Yn took the simple dodge and run tactic as her main ploy in winning this. Not only would it tire Jumoon out, it would also give Roxy the opportunity to move Cassie and Lily away from their defenceless position. 

It wasn't long before Jumoon started to lose his composure and his posture stiffened as he became furious at his lack of contact between the blade and Yn. Crystal smirked seeing the way his fury made his body evolve with targets. Ones that were painted with a bullseye wanting to be pierced. Hence, when Roxy gave an okay having successfully moved the duo away, Crystal happily pounced at her prey. 

Crystal's jaws delved deep into his shoulder, taking revenge for Yn's shoulder, listening to his screams which melded together with the satisfying crunch of his bones. Yn knew it was enough to bring down Jumoon seeing as he was defenceless with only a knife at hand. So when he fell to the floor, shoulder cradle in his arm as he tried to stop the blood seeping out in litres, Crystal stalked up to him mouth tinted red and bloody. She watched as he tried to slide backwards on his butt, smirk replaced by fear, as Crystal menacing growl bolted through his spine. 

-:Whose the prey now?:- Crystal mocked as she snapped her jaws, mimicking the way she was going to bite and rip his arm off. Crystal wasn't as forgiving as YN, her human side was. Jumoon had put her and Yn through hell and more, threatened the safety of her pack, injured and killed members of her pack, and put her child in danger, to name a few. And for such reasons whether this man was her mate's blood brother or not, she was going to get what she had wanted from the beginning. And that was revenge. She was prepared to see his head detached from his body just like what he did to her family. 

Stalking with determination and promise of death in her eyes, Crystal cornered Jumoon in the corner of the room, one much further from where Roxy and the girls were. She watched happily as he shook like a leaf in front of her, watching as his eyes screamed fear, the same expression she had under captivity by this man. And though there was some sympathy for the reasons that drove him into insanity, the sympathy meant nothing to Crystal as she was forced to watch idly as Yn suffered punishments that was not deserved. So ignoring his cries and vulnerability that screamed helplessness, Crystal bared her long canine before lunging at the man in front of her. 

"Yn!"

It happened so fast no one had time to react. Crystal had expected to get feel the flesh in her mouth as she dug her teeth into her tormentors body, but instead she felt a lightning bolt of pain as she flew through the air colliding into the bedside table. She had no time to comprehend what had happened as her eyes hazed over, and her bones shifted back into her human form, thankfully with clothes on, though there was bigger problem. All that YN could see through her hazy eyes, that were covered by constant dripping red droplets was a man she recognised from Jimin's office a while back. 

And though she tried to listen to what the man and Jumoon were saying as Jumoon was lifted up, all she heard was the name Lucifer. And though her head cried out in pain and her body felt like it was floating, she watched as Jumoon was carried out back through the window by the man she concluded was Lucifer before Roxy came into her line of sight, limping and crying.

Why was she crying? Yn thought to herself. And why couldn't she hear what she said? 

Yn tried to look up at Roxy as she looked like she was calling out to someone before Roxy moved her body slowly. It was then Yn felt and saw the reason for Roxy's tears. Her lower stomach pulsated as she felt like she was hit with lightning, rumbling and thundering in her lower region, before feeling a warm liquid pour out from her on to her legs. Her hand moved slowly from her stomach as she twisted slowly like she was underwater, seeing the sight that will forever be etched in her mind. She could not cry or scream from the non-existent pain, nor tell Roxy to help her, for her body fell slack and her limb seized function. And all she could think about for the last few milliseconds before darkness swallowed her was how she failed as a mother.

(•́_•̀❁) (˵•_•˵) (✿ °_°)

As the boys and two girl got closer to their pack, it became more apparent how bad this attack was. Unlike the one lead by Lucy, this one was well thought out and caused much more destruction. More destruction meant more causalities. 

Marie and Jin were the top two health professionals in the pack, and just by watching from the border as they raced closer to it, it became apparent at the lack of help the wounded were getting. There was no order what so ever, which no one could blame since the two in charge were absent, causing more pointless causalities and deaths. 

Hence, as soon as Jin and the rest of the elites crossed the borders they took full control of their post, trying to get any emergency stature to the battlefield to win with the least amount of causalities. Jin took Marie to the medical wing, both quickly taking over and immaculately gaining control. Taehyung, Yoongi and Jungkook effortlessly returned to their posts, quickly coming up with a fighting plan using the information available and getting to work. J-hope and Namjoon got to helping the defenceless and injured to the rightful places, taking down any intruder that got in the way as Flora made her way up the stairs to the room Yn was at after hearing the distress calls from Roxy. She promised Taehyung, Jungkook, Yoongi and Jimin to give a quick report as soon as she made her way to the room, checking if their mates were okay. 

Jimin took the role of the Alpha, taking full control in the battlefield and moving to front lines as he forces the barrage of rouges away from his pack. His wolf was restless and so was he, knowing his mate was minutes away from him not responding but he couldn't do anything. Right now the pack needed him and he couldn't risk letting anymore through the border causing more damage than before. All he could do was pray that she was okay and Flora replied with positive news. 

But when he finally pushed back the last group of rouges away and out of his borders, the last thing he would ever thing was to hear a frantic Flora through the link telling him Yn was dying.

------------------------------------

Don't kill me...

Also really sorry for late update. Lose track of time

Thanks for reading.