Chapter 1 - Joshua Matthews

It's a cool October morning and Maya Hart is sitting in front of History.
She is looking up constantly while she fiddles with some pencil and paper.
Next to her sits her best friend, Riley Matthews.
Maya smiles as she sees how she and Lucas Friar keeps on looking at each other.
She is amazed the guy haven't made a move yet.
It's as clear as daylight that they like each other but who knows?
Maya hears a sound and looks at the window to where she sees the one guy who made her anxious.
She lifts her hand up making the teacher look up.

"Yes Miss Hart?" Cornelius Matthews said.

Cory wasn't just the teacher but also Riley's father and Maya's father figure.
Yes the man has always seen her as her daughter but he knows he should actually be more teacher like.

"May I please be excused?" Maya asked.
"Be back in ten minutes," Cory said and Maya stood up.
"You okay?" Riley asked and Maya nods as she makes her way out of the door.

"You know you should be less obvious," Maya said making Josh turn around.
"Didn't know I was being watched. Hi Maya. I'm looking for Cory's class. Supposed to go with on this trip," Josh said.
"In there," Maya said.
"Thanks," Josh said and Maya smiled.

Josh's pov

Gosh this girl just gets more and more gorgeous.
I never thought I would talk about her like this.
Not last year and definitely not right now.

Maya goes back in class and sits down.
Riley looks at her and sees that she is definitely a bit different.

"Okay so before we go to Ski Lodge I have a few things to say. Firstly..."
"Hey Cor," Josh said.
"My brotha!" Cory said before greeting Josh.
"Wait how did you get the class?" Cory asked.
"Your star student saw me," Josh said.
"Maya definitely isn't a star student. What you doing here Uncle Josh?"
"I'm guessing he's chaperoning us," Maya said.
"Correct Miss Hart. Good guess," Josh said making Maya smile.

"Okay so the groups are devided in as follow. Lucas and Zay are going with Topanga, Smarkle and Yobi are going with me and the girls are going with you Josh. Everyone happy?" Cory asked and they nod.
"Good. Why don't you guys get going? We will be heading out in ten minutes," Cory said.
"Maya, Riley let's go," Josh said.
"Come Riley," Maya said and grabbed her backpack.