Chapter 6 - The Announcement

It was a few days since everyone got back to New York.
It was a Wednesday and Maya was busy getting ready for the day.
She decided on two low side ponytails for her hairstyle with jeans, a shirt and a pair of boots.
She was busy putting on a necklace when her phone rang.
Of course she knew the contact since she did save it earlier this week.

"Josh, hey. I wasn't expecting a call from you. How are you?" Maya asked.
"I'm good. Listen what is the deal with tonight? Cory told me I have to come. I don't have a choice," Josh said and Maya laughed.
"It's just a meeting about the wedding. Looks like in the next week or so I'm getting a step-father. The wedding is next Saturday and they want everyone possible to be involved. Think you can start with getting a tux," Maya said.
"Maybe we should tell them what we have decided on," Josh said.

Maya and Josh have had a lot of contact these past three days and because of that they are a lot closer.
They exchanged numbers on Sunday while Josh was driving them back and now Maya can tell something is happening between the two.
But what it is she doesn't know.

"Not now. I wanna wait until my mom and Shawn's wedding is over before I just come with news like this. I don't wanna spoil my mom's big day with news of her daughter possibly having a boyfriend. Do you think we can wait awhile?" Maya asked.
"Of course. Riley wouldn't be able to keep it to herself. We can wait until the wedding is over. But how do you feel about telling people what we decided?" Josh asked.
"I don't know. I thought that I would want to tell everyone immediately but I'm pretty okay with keeping it a secret," Maya said.
"I bet you would be. No offence but you don't actually like having the entire world know what is going on in your life. And I don't blame you. When social media is involved in your life is gets complicated into letting your private life be... Well private. Not being on social media that much is better for a lot of people. But whether you want it or not it we are going to have to tell just our family," Josh said.
"And we will Boing. Not just right now," Maya said and looked at the clock.
"Sorry to cut this conversation short but I have to get to school and your classes are probably also waiting," Maya said.
"Oh shoot. I have one in six minutes," Josh said and Maya laughed.
"Okay I'll see you tonight then. Bye Boing," Maya said.
"Bye Gorgeous," Josh said and put the phone down.

Maya gathered the last of her stuff and then she went in front.
Shawn and Katy were already busy with planning the wedding.
Maya smiled as she poured herself a glass of orange juice.

"It's a miracle. Sure that's your daughter?" Shawn asked.
"What do you mean Shawn?" Maya asked.
"This is your mom's third cup of coffee and you drink juice," Shawn said.
"Yeah I do. But Mom is up until twelve and wakes up at like four. I go to bed at ten and wake up at six. So I have eight hours of sleep," Maya said.
"And I get four hours. She has a good life," Katy said and Maya smiled.
"Maybe I do," Maya said and put the glass in the sink.
"I have to go. Listen Josh called me about the arrangement with him being at his brother's. I sorted it out so he knows what is what. I'll see you guys tonight," Maya said and went out the door.

Maya went directly to Riley's and saw that the entire place was a mess.
Clothes and dishes everywhere.
Maya looks at her hand watch and sees it is already seven.
Nothing looks done and it doesn't seem like anyone is awake.
Maya goes over to Riley's room and sees she is still asleep.
She sigh as she hears a noise from a room down the hall.
She knocks and goes in.

"Mommy?" Auggie said.
"No it's me buddy. It's Maya. Why aren't your parents up?" Maya asked.
"They're sleeping? I have to be at school in fifteen minutes," Auggie said.
"Finish getting dressed then I'll make breakfast," Maya said.

She sigh as she puts the kettle on and starts with a pot of oatmeal.
Quickly Riley comes rushing out of her room.

"How late?" Riley asked.
"Quarter past seven. Wake your parents up and get dressed," Maya said.
"Shoot."

Maya sigh as she puts everything at the table then Auggie comes to sit down.
She hands him a bowl of oatmeal and a glass of orange juice.
Cory and Topanga rushes out of their rooms following their daughter.

"Thank goodness. Thanks Maya. How could we overslept?" Topanga asked.
"No I don't know. Auggie why don't you finish breakfast then I'll take you to school?" Maya said.
"Okay."
"Have you eaten?" Cory asked.
"Yeah I have. I'll take care of him while you guys get ready," Maya said.
"I'm done," Auggie said.
"Okay go brush your teeth and get your backpack then we'll go."

After that crazy morning Maya took Auggie to school and both Cory and Riley had a crazy day at school.
Maya of course couldn't be more excited about the wedding and all the arrangements that was taking place later that day.
Of course Maya had looked at a few dresses and so for he rmother as the big day was getting very close.

Later that night at around six everyone was at the Matthews house and waiting for Josh.
Of course Maya did tell everyone he was coming but now at what time.

"Okay where is your brother?" Shawn asked.
"I don't know. Are you sure he is coming?" Cory asked Maya then Josh came through the door.
"Sorry I'm late. My classes were crazy," Josh said and sat down next to Maya.
"Okay so as many of you know the wedding is taking place next Saturday. But what we have decided is the following. It will take place on the roof of this apartment," Shawn said.
"I really want Maya, Topanga and Riley to be my bridesmaids. If you guys want," Katy said.
"Of course we will. Both me and Riley are very excited and your daughter definitely too," Topanga said.
"And then I want Cory, Josh and Auggie as my best men. What do you say?"
"You know it Shawnie," Cory said.
"We would be honored," Josh said.
"Riley you are allowed to invite Lucas and Auggie you can invite Ava as your dates but please keep it small. We want it to just be friends and family. Mr Feeny is marrying us," Shawn said.
"Shouldn't be a problem at all," Riley said.
"Good."

It was a bit later the evening and Maya was just sitting at the top of the roof.
It really is magical that her mother is getting married at the top of this roof.
Where so many things can change.

"What you thinking about Gorgeous?" Josh asked as he sat down next to Maya.
"Right now? Well right now I'm thinking where did you come with that nickname for me," Maya said.
"You're gorgeous so it's not very difficult. So what do you say? We going to the wedding together?" Josh asked.
"Why not? I probably have to head home," Maya said.
"I'll walk with you," Josh said.
"That's not needed. I think I'll be fine," Maya said.
"I insist. Besides, it's New York and no. I don't care that you've been walking on these streets since you were twelve. It's not safe," Josh said.
"Okay," Maya said and they were gone.

"What are you doing this weekend?" Josh asked.
"Me? Nothing. Why?" Maya asked.
"Do you wanna go do something then?" Josh asked.
"Joshua Matthews are you asking me out on a date?" Maya asked.
"Maybe."
"Sure. What do you wanna do?" Maya asked smiling.
"I'll text you the address. Here we are. I'll see ya," Josh said and was gone.