Chapter 21 - Worst Night Of My Life

It was Sunday, 5 February and Maya was sitting in her room taking her temperature.
She wasn't feeling really good today and suspects she is having a flue or something.
102°.
Yeah she is definitely under the weather.
Maya goes in front to find her mother and Shawn talking about the next week so they know what to expect.
Maya smiles as her mother sees her and Katy saw something was wrong.

"What's wrong Baby Girl? You're blood red," Katy said.
"Yeah I have a fever. Think it's a flue or something," Maya said.
"You feeling okay?" Shawn asked and Maya put her hand in front of her mouth before running.
"I'm gonna see if she is okay."

~

"Shawn she's throwing up," Katy said.
"What's the matter with her? Tummy bug maybe?" Shawn asked.
"Don't know. Maybe. But I don't want to risk anything. Do you think we could let she stay at home tomorrow?"
"Might be better. Why don't you try and break the fever? I'll get her a glass of water with some medicine," Shawn said.

It was still late the night and both Katy and Shawn were wide awake.
Maya's fever sprang from 102° to 125° and both were trying to figure out what is best for her.
Definitely not to go to school tomorrow and neither to have any friends over.
She'll just have awhile to herself so she can recover.