Chapter 17 - New Years Part 2

It was later the night and Maya could see Riley doesn't actually go to a lot of parties.
She and Lucas were enjoying each other way too much to even regonize anyone else while the geeks were just a bit more social since there was a lot of other smart kids.
Zay taddled along with Lucas while Maya stood aside.
She didn't actually know what to do at this party and neither did Josh.

"Looks like neither of us are comfortable at this party," Josh said.
"Funny. This is probably the worst party I've ever been to," Maya said remembering when Josh said that one year ago.
"Why don't we go on a walk?" Josh asked and Maha nod.

"Thought you would be a girl who enjoyed stuff like that. Or that is what my niece said."
"Your niece? Yeah when Lucas is around she doesn't pay attention to anyone else. I'm not entirely comfortable at stuff like that. I feel out of place. Besides how am I going to fit in with all those kids? Kids with perfect parents and perfect lives. I don't fit anywhere," Maya said.
" You know you actually have a great life. Considering you actually do still act normal. I know about kids who aren't able to do that. You're a lot stronger than you think you are," Josh said.
"Thanks. But I don't think so."