Chapter 35 - Figuring Out Our Way

Josh's pov

It was real early the morning around four I think.
I didn't actually look at the time.
I woke up to Maya still on my chest and I couldn't think of any better way to wake up.
My parents weren't super strict so they let us share a room.
Feeling her close to me was always something good and to wake up with her close was wonderful.
She was the previous night more scared than down.
She doesn't actually know what to do and I would say that's okay.
She is young and besides that she isn't entirely ready for any of this.
She is reacting okay and she is excited.
After awhile any girl would be excited about having a baby but she is still scared.
Shawn didn't actually react good and after that speech my brother gave me I'm not surprised that she doesn't want to face school right now.
I suppose it's something she has to handle by herself.

Maya's eyes flutter open and meet Josh's.
She smiles showing him she's okay.
Josh gives her a kiss on her head and she closes her eyes for a second.

"Sorry about last night. I..."
"It's okay," Josh said stroking her hair.
"It's okay. You're scared and I understand that. My parents are the only one's who actually acted normal and you don't know what to do with your family and Riley. Besides that your friends aren't acting as good as you thought and you don't know if you can face school. But that's okay. You don't have to do that. We'll take it one step at a time. I'm with you all the way," Josh said.
"I love you," Maya said softly causing Josh to smile.
"I love you too," Josh said before giving Maya a soft kiss.