Chapter 49 - Are We Okay?

Topanga and Auggie had just left and Maya was just clearing up the dishes.
Something she'll have to get used to is her own company.
She isn't actually used to that.
Smackle has her own stuff and deserves some time alone with Farkle and the others.
Maya was busy putting stuff away when Josh came in.

"And if the door is unlocked?"
"Your sister-in-law just left. Come in," Maya said.
"Wasn't sure if I should come but we can't avoid each other," Josh said.
"Yeah I know. Listen I'm sorry about how I acted. I just needed to get away from..."
"It's okay Maya. I left shortly after you before I lost my temper. You okay?" Josh asked.
"Don't know. I had this perfect life with all my friends and now suddenly I have to watch what I say and who I go with. Smackle and a few of the other kids in school are talking to me but very few. I guess I'll just have to adapt," Maya said.
"Are we okay?" Josh asked.
"Josh," Maya said and embraced him.

Feeling each other close was enough of an answer.
But neither actually wanted things to go that far.

"Yes. We're okay. I just needed some time alone," Maya said as she pulled away.
"I was worried about you. Your dad says you're doing a bit rough these days."
"I'm too scared to go anywhere. Whether I go to school or the bakery Riley is there. I just want to run away. I talked to my dad and I don't think I'm going back to school after the birth," Maya said.
"You sure?" Josh asked.
"Yeah. I'm sure," Maya said.
"I love you, you know that?"
"I love you too," Maya said and gave Josh a kiss.