Chapter 37 - Talking About Everything

It was about eight the morning and Maya woke up.
She sat up and rubbed her eyes trying to figure out where she was.
In Josh Matthew's room.
Yeah she is where she thought she was.
No worries.
She climbed out of bed and got dressed then there was a knock.

"Morning," Josh said giving Maya a kiss.
"Morning. How late is it?" Maya asked.
"A bit after eight. How'd you sleep?" Josh asked.
"Really well," Maya said and her phone rang.

"Listen when are we going home? As much as I am enjoying staying here your niece is working on my nerves," Maya said.
"This afternoon. But can we talk for a second?" Josh asked and Maya nod as they both sat down on the bed.
"I know that you're scared because of various reasons. And I can understand that as well," Josh said as he took Maya's hand.
"But the one thing you don't have to be afraid of is me. I'm not just going to leave like your father did," Josh said and Maya remembered for the first time that her mother was left by her father.

Not just that but she is walking the same road as they did.
Her mother told her that she got pregnant young and when Maya was five her father ran away.
Till this day he hasn't even bothered showing his face.
Now here is she.
Maya Hart pregnant at sixteen with a guy's child who she never really knew where she stood.
She sigh as she realizes Josh has a point.
That is what she was scared of but maybe not now.

"Can I tell you something?" Maya asked.
"Yeah. Of course."
"Back when we met. I was scared about that. Whenever someone came in my life and just left I was scared. You did that a lot when you still went to school in Philadelphia. You came and left. Came for Christmas and Thanksgiving, summer and spring holidays, special occasions you came and left. Back then I think I was afraid of it. That changed. It all changed instantly when we started to see each other more regularly. I'm not afraid of that anymore. Josh I can see you are nothing like my father. I know it's still early and we really don't know everything of each other but I know you won't just pack your stuff and leave. That's the one thing I know for sure," Maya said.
"You trust me?" Josh asked.
"Funny thing I think I actually do. I think I always have," Maya said.

Josh smiled as he leaned in closer for a kiss.
Their lips pressing on each other was better than anything else and for Maya it was just the start of something much bigger.
Their love is strong enough to last any obstacle and if Maya has Josh she can overcome twenty obstacles.