Chapter 50 - What Now?

Thursday, 23 February 2017.
Maya is starting to get the hang of things.
Of course Shawn allowed Josh to come over whenever he wanted and Maya had calmed down a bit with almost everyone.
She was still talking to Smackle, Yoby, Sara and the Matthews (excluding Riley).
Maya had reached a new contact point with Amy as well and now she is even closer to Ava than she originally was.
Her days consumed of mostly going to school with Smackle and her friends, looking after Auggie, Ava and Doy for awhile in the afternoon, going to Josh for a few hours and then eating dinner at her place.
She still wondered a lot about whether avoiding her other friends were good but she did seem to figure out how she is going to deal with a lot of stuff.

"Ah there she is. How are you feeling?" Katy asked.
"I'm feeling okay. Not having nausea is such a relief right now. Especially when I have like tests and so. Luckily I have enough help with that," Maya said as she received a text from Smackle.
"It's Smackle. She says we have a study session with Darby and Sara this afternoon. Okay that's good. Maybe I'll get something in," Maya said.
"Are you glad to be able to go on with some friends?" Shawn asked.
"I always am. Listen I might be home late. Josh said he's taking me to look at a flat."
"You guys house hunting?" Katy asked.
"Yeah we are. Thought the sooner we get it done the better. Besides. I think of we sort it out now and we get a few stuff done like buying things here and there we can move in, in July maybe. I really want everything settled before we welcome the baby," Maya said.
"How far are you now? I keep on forgetting," Shawn said.
"Tomorrow I will be cruising into my second trimester. I can't believe I'm already thirteen weeks," Maya said.
"Thriteen? Feels like yesterday you told us. But you were kinda far when you did tel us. We know we didn't act really good but now thinking about it we are excited. The first grandchild in the Hunter family," Shawn said.
"I just want to make on little thing clear. I won't be naming him or her Hunter. I know it's very fantasy of me but I believe one day my last name will be Matthews so my child is going to be a Matthew. Just like their father," Maya said.
"But of course. I have a question. What now?" Shawn asked.
"Now we carry on," Maya said and looked at the time.
"I have to go. I have to work the study session in with out appointment with the agent. See you guys tonight," Maya said and was gone.

~

"Smackle! Hey can we chat before class?" Maya asked.
"I have ten minutes," Smackle said.
"I won't need that long. How late is the session? Me and Josh have an appointment to see a Estate agent about a apartment for us to live in," Maya said.
"Session starts at two-fifteen at the Library and it ends at about four-thirty," Smackle said.
"The appointment is only at five. That's good," Maya said.
"For what are you guys looking?" Smackle asked.
"For now something we can actually afford. After awhile we'll look into buying a new place," Maya said.

"What are you guys talking about buying?"

Of course it was Riley sided with Lucas.
The guy went everywhere she went.
But Maya wasn't surprised.

"Um... Josh and I are looking for a apartment to stay in after the birth. We have an appointment with the agent this afternoon at five," Maya said.
"You guys are seeing each other?" Riley asked.
"Yeah. My dad is getting pretty cool with everything and we are all excited for the idea of a new baby. I actually just told my parents that I'm giving the baby it's father's last name," Maya said.
"Congrats on that. Let's go Lucas. You coming Smackle?" Riley asked.
"No I have a class with Maya. Let's go Maya," Smackle said and they were gone