Chapter 84 - First Thanksgiving

Maya and Josh were at the Matthews apartment busy cooing over their daughter as it wa sher first Thanksgiving holiday.
Maya couldn't believe she was this time around a mom even if she was one for just about four weeks now.
Maya looked over as Ruby was fast asleep in her carrier not wishing anything away.
She smiles at Josh as Shawn looks at her.

"So, how is parenthood treating you?" Shawn asked making Maya chuckle.
"It's been going good. Ruby had been an absolute angel and I can't wish for a better daughter," Maya said.
"You shouldn't even say you have a daughter at sixteen," Katy said and Maya sighed.

"You know you should be very proud of your daughter. She is doing very good," Amy said.
"How would you know?" Katy asked.
"We have a lot of contact," Amy said and Katy looked at her daughter.
"Yeah, okay. Me and Amy do have a lot of contact. I made a point at it since they do live far away," Maya said as she heard Ruby fussing.

"Hey, Baby Girl," Maya said as she picked the little baby up.
"Hey. You up?" Maya asked smiling giving Ruby a kiss on her cheek.
"This is not possible. You aren't even struggling a bit," Katy said and Maya smiled.
"Because I have wonderful support from not just my boyfriend but also from her god-parents," Maya said.
"Who are the God-parents?" Shawn asked.
"Riley and Lucas," Maya said.
"Maya wanted Riley to have a part in the child's life and I thought we could make Lucas her God-father then," Josh said.
"It's really not often that you are taking anything this good. When your dad left..."
"I don't want to talk about him," Maya said.