Chapter 5 - Ski Lodge Part 2

It was late the next morning and everyone was packing up.
Maya was sitting in the same corner she did yesterday just playing with a pencil and note pad.
Riley and Lucas were talking just like they did the previous day and Josh saw Maya.
He knew now was the time to talk to her.
But how does he do it?

"You know you drive me crazy?" Josh said as he sat down next to Maya.
"You really do. First you write a song about two words I've always said to you and then you just write it off as nothing. How do you do it?" Josh asked.
"I didn't. I didn't write it off as nothing but you didn't seem to notice anything," Maya said.
"How could I not? I tell a girl for two years she's too young and then she writes a song about it. I'm not an idiot," Josh said.
"I didn't mean... That's not what I meant at all," Maya said and smiled.
"What did you mean then?" Josh asked.
"Josh you've always known how I feel about you. It hasn't changed and I don't think it ever will. Maybe one day in the far future but I don't see how. Do you remember when we arrived here on Friday how the two of us talked?" Maya asked.
"I do," Josh said.
"We felt comfortable with each other for the first time in two years. I know you don't feel anything for me and I know this is all my..."
"That's not true. I don't feel nothing for you," Josh said and Maya looked at him.

She knew something was going to happen which would eventually mean that she would go crazy by the time they leave.

"What do you mean?" Maya asked and Josh took her hand.
"I like you Maya. I really do and... Too young was just something to get you off my back. Which never happened. You held on to those feelings. You still do. What do you say we give it a try? Nothing official just trying. What do you say?" Josh asked.
"I would like that. But what about your family?" Maya asked.
"As soon as we get back to New York we can discuss that," Josh said.