Chapter 25 - Are You?

Josh came back into the apartment with a bag in his hand.
He didn't see Maya but knew she was somewhere.

"Maya," Josh said and she came out.
"Hey."
"How you feeling?" Josh asked.
"Threw up twice. I really don't feel okay," Maya said.
"Go take it then I'll make you some tea. My mom always said black tea helps for nausea," Josh said.
"Okay."

~

"Maya?"
"Yeah? Thank you," Maya said as she took the cup.
"Pleasure," Josh said and Maya shook her head.
"Oh my gosh," Maya said as she saw how she was shaking.
"Why am even I starting to think this is real?" Josh asked.
"I think it is. Said to wait seven minutes and I still have two to go."
"Okay why don't we try and get our attention away from it then?" Josh asked.
"How?" Maya asked.
"Have you said anything to anyone?" Josh asked.
"No. I haven't even given myself enough time to think about it before I came."
"Hey. Nothing is gonna change. That I promise you," Josh said.
"Everything is going to change Josh," Maya said and Josh saw she was freaking out.

"Not how I feel. That will never change. I want you o know if this is true I won't just leave. I'll be there for you," Josh said.
"Thank you," Maya said and her phone went off.
"Time's up."

Maya picks up the test and froze.

"Maya?"Josh asked and Maya took her eyes away from the test.
"Positive. I'm pregnant," Maya said as she rotated the test so Josh could see.
"Okay. So now we know one thing. I'm gonna get a appointment for you as soon as possible. These test aren't always accurate and maybe that is the case. What we are going to do..." Josh said as he sat down next to Maya on the rim of the bath.
"Is you are going home. Tell your mom that you wanna stay home a few more days and eventually you can go when you feel better. I'll get an appointment for as soon as possible. Maybe we're lucky and can get one for Friday. Remember I love you."
"I love you too," Maya said and gave Josh a small kiss.