Chapter 54 - Finally Understanding Her

Sara and Smackle went home and Maya was alone at home.
She looked at a few of the old songs she has written before her phone rings.
Of course it was Josh and she couldn't be more glad to see his name.

"Hey. Don't you have a test to study for or something?" Maya asked.
"Funny. Just finished. How is everything there? You told anyone yet?" Josh asked.
"No. Have you heard anything from the agent?"
"You're in too much of a hurry Honey. We'll only know in awhile," Josh said.
"Yeah guess so. I've been thinking about your family a lot lately. I think it's time me and Riley figured everything out," Maya said.
"That's your decision but I don't think that's a good idea. They are going to do the same each time. Exclude you. I don't want that," Josh said.
"Josh if it wasn't for her we wouldn't even know each other existed. I think I want to hear here side at least," Maya said.
"Just don't get hurt, okay?" Josh asked.
"Okay. Listen I have to go. I think I heard my father pulling up," Maya said.
"Okay sleep tight. Love you."
"Love you too," Maya said and put the phone down.

~

Josh's pov

I really don't know how she can just keep on going back to Riley.
She is making a decision which is going to make her life a lot more difficult.
But she is Maya.
The Maya I've got to know this past year doesn't give up no matter what.
Maybe that is why she keeps on going for this.
She isn't scared to take on a new challenge.
That is just one of the many reasons why I like her.
She is also going to be fine.