Chapter 52 - Second Trimester

Friday, 24 February 2017.
Maya is officially in her second trimester which made her super excited.
Today she was also showing a lot more than she usually is and had to look through her clothes.
She had ordered them from what month.
She was now almost four months so she went for that.

She then went to the kitchen where her parents were in the living room just chilling

She looked at the clock and saw it was almost seven-twenty.
Usually they would just be rushing around by now but they weren't.

"Hey guys. Don't you have work today?" Maya asked.
"Yeah why?" Shawn asked.
"Becauss it's 07:21 and you guys are just chilling," Maya said and Shawn jumped up.
"We didn't see that. Good hell. I have to go if I'm going to be in time for my appointment in Brooklyn. I'll see you girls later. Bye," Shawn said and was gone.

Katy laughs as Maya drinks a glass of orange juice.
Katy looks at her daughter and just realizes that she is actually happy.
Which she has never been with her.

"You really are happy, aren't you?" Katy asked.
"I am," Maya said.
"I've never seen you like this before," Katy said and Maya laughed.
"I love Josh. I always have and maybe I'm living my life only now. I think with everything going on I can expect a lot of stuff. I have to go to school. Josh is going with me to the doctor this afternoon so don't worry about that. I'll see you tonight," Maya said and gave her mom a kiss on her cheek before she went to school.

~

"Wow you are showing," Smackle said.
"Yeah I am. We have an appointment with the doctor to see our baby today. The thirteen week appointment. We are so excited and I can't tell you how I am going to survive the day. I am so excited for later," Maya said.
"What's happening later?" Sara asked.
"Maya is seeing her baby," Smackle said.
"How far are you?" Sara asked.
"Thirteen weeks today," Maya said.
"So how many months?" Sara asked.
"Three months, one week. I turn one week every Friday. Me and Josh are shopping for the baby this weekend. Stuff like strollers and cribs and car seats which we can buy. We need to figure out how to get it done before the birth," Maya said.

~

It was later the afternoon and Josh and Maya were at the doctor.
Maya was a bit nerves but more excited than anything else.
The doctor came in and smiled.

"Hey guys. How are you doing?" Dr Rodriguez asked.
"Really good actually," Maya said.
"Any nausea or did that stop?"
"Yeah it stopped about a week and a half ago. I was nauseas for about a few days after we saw you and then it stopped. Luckily," Maya said.
"That's good. Okay so this is the thirteen week scan, right?"
"Yeah," Josh said.
"Okay let's see. We'll be able to see the baby in full motion now. Not like the previous time. There it is," Dr Rodriguez said showing to the screen.

Maya and Josh didn't just hear a strong heart beat but they also saw how the baby moved around

It's head and arms and legs.
Maya started to tear up a bit.
She was overwhelmed at everything.
She saw her baby for the first time ever like a real person.
She still couldn't believe that she was doing it.
She's having a baby and she still hasn't entirely processed it yet.

~

"Okay I have to head back home. I have a test I have to study for. You okay?" Josh asked.
"Go. I'll be fine. Smackle and Sara is coming over in a bit and then I'm probably just going to hang out with my parents. I'll see you tomorrow," Maya said.
"Okay. Love you," Josh said and gave Maya a kiss.
"Love you too."

Josh went home and then Maya was alone for awhile.
She hasn't actually thought of how things are going to change.
She is going to be a mom, Josh is going to be a dad and her parents are turning grandparents.
She actually couldn't believe how it was happening.
But what she does want to do is just relax before she has to start on homework.