Chapter 2 - The Car Ride

Maya and Riley was in the car while Josh was driving.
Riley was napping since Ski Lodge was an hour and a half from New York.
Maya was sitting in front with Josh while Riley was at the back.
Maya hadn't talked to Josh yet and she just didn't know if she could.

"So I hear your mom is getting married to Shawn. How do you feel about it?" Josh asked and Maya looked at him.
"I don't know. I always wanted a dad and Shawn has always been like one to me but... I don't know it's weird. He grew up with my teacher. Thinking that every Thanksgiving, every Christmas, every New Years, every birthday is going to be a big family gathering. I don't know how I feel about it," Maya said.
"Surely not bad though. Plus you are so close to Riley I bet she doesn't mind at all that she is going to see you with each of those events."
"Yeah," Maya said and smiled.
"Okay enough about me. How is college?" Maya asked.

Josh started his freshmen year of college while Maya started her sophomore year of high school.
They did differ a few years but Maya didn't seem to think it's a lot.
Josh in the other hand thought the opposite.

"Like college is. Nothing new actually. Running classes, trying to figure out what is going on with the system, trying to get to know everyone on campus... Nothing exciting," Josh said.
"Sounds like my first day at Abigail Adams," Maya sakd
"Not gonna lie. Feels like I'm starting high school all over again. Doesn't help that I only know Cory and Shawn here anyway," Josh said.
"And me. I may not be your brother and I may not be as exciting as Riley but if you ever just need someone to talk to, I'm here," Maya said.
"Thanks Maya. Helps knowing I have a few friends in New York," Josh said.