Chapter 39 - More Negative Reactions

It was two-thirty and Joshaya arrived at the Matthews apartment.
Nobody was there and neither was there anyone at Maya's place.
She wondered what is going on and then they went to the bakery where they did find everyone.

"Hey guys," Maya said.
"Where were you? You couldn't answer your phone?" Riley asked.
"If I did it wouldn't have made a difference. I told you I would be back today," Maya said.
"But not when," Cory said.
"If it was up to your parents Josh wouldn't even be here. Looks like your mother is getting issues with him being here in NYC," Maya said.
"If he gets his girlfriend pregnant I would feel like that as well," Shawn said.
"Dad please. I don't have the strength for this right now," Maya said.
"Okay let's go home and discuss this then," Shawn said.
"Okay I'll see you later," Maya said giving Josh a kiss and leaving.

"Nothing is easy. She isn't okay. Last night she had a bit of a breakdown about this situation," Josh said.
"She can't fix it," Riley said.
"But her friends can handle it better. Why do you want to talk to her so urgently?"
"Because I need to find out what is going on. How she wants me to handle this situation. Nothing about it is easy," Riley said.
"Nor is it for her. Give her some space," Josh said and left.

~

"So Maya. What's the next step?" Shawn asked.
"Dad I don't know. Going to the doctor probably when I have my next appointment. Listen I've explained everything already. I am not getting rid of this child. No matter what I have Josh and that's enough for now," Maya said.
"And if he leaves?" Katy asked
"His name isn't Kermit Mom. Drop it. I'm gonna unpack," Maya said and was gone.