Chapter 42 - Gossiping

It was a lot later on the store and Maya was basically trying on jeans and shirts.
Which was more her style than the dresses but also not.
She doesn't see herself in any of these stuff but not because of how they look.
She never thought she'll see herself in maternity clothes.
She comes out of the dressing room and shakes her head.

"No. This isn't me at all. This is going to be a lot harder than I though," Maya said as she runs her fingers through her hair.
"I give up. You are satisfied with nothing," Riley said.
"Okay why don't we go to a different store then?" Maya asked.
"That's all the maternity stores Maya. Besides if you want to look for stretchy clothes at some clothing store," Riley said.
"Yeah let's do that," Maya said.

~

They were at H & M trying on some dresses and finally Maya is coming right.
She has found so far three dresses that she really likes and she maybe wants to look for some more.
She goes through the racks trying to figure out if she likes the stuff when two girls come up to her.

"What you doing here?"
"Rachel, Monica nice to see you girls. I'm shopping for clothes. And you guys?" Maya asked.
"If you think clothes like these are gonna fit you, you're making a mistake. You are going to get like fifty times bigger. What possed you? Pregnant at sixteen?" Monica asked.
"Nothing is always planned. I learned that the hard way. But it's not always as good as it looks. I'll be fine," Maya said.
"Yeah. As if. Good luck with that one," Rachel said as she and Monica disappeared.

Maya sigh as she picks out the last stuff and goes to pay.
She hasn't actually thought about what is going to happen about her friends or class mates.
But why would she?

~

"She isn't going to be a great mother. She's sixteen. No girl can be a mother then."

Maya and Riley were close to Topanga's when Maya heard that sentence.
It came out of Lucas's mouth.
She can recognize that voice anywhere.

"Maybe she just has a lot going on that she wasn't thinking clearly. I mean she does like Josh but binding him to her like this? That is terrible," Farkle said.
"You told her she would make a good mother if you take a look at how she is with..."
"Zay she's young. Auggie is like seven. Not a baby," Farkle said.
"Yeah. I've watched her. She is okay with him but he is a child. Not a baby," Lucas said and Maya went in.

"Why didn't you guys tell me that in the beginning?" Maya asked and everybody got a fright.
"Tipic. Say stuff behind my back and when I confront you, you know nothing. We were friends. We are friends. How can you guys say things like this?" Maya asked.
"It's true. You are way too young to be a mother. With your issues with your father..."
"Lucas shut up. What the hell do you know about my father? Nothing. Just what your girlfriend told you. We're done," Maya said and stormed out of the bakery.

"Nice guys. So this is what you do when we aren't here?" Riley asked and left as well.
"Riley," Lucas said and went after her.