Chapter 8 - The Wedding

It was one week later and the wedding was literally tomorrow.
Katy and Topanga were running around trying to figure out.
Friday, 4 November 2016.
In twenty-four hours Maya will have a step-father.
But she can't stop thinking about what happened between her and Josh last week.
*And she definitely isn't talking about the kiss but what had happened between them when they were at Josh's dorm.

It was late the afternoon and Maya was with Riley, Topanga and Katy at the bakery planning everything out.
Most was done.
The dresses, the tuxedo's, the flowers, Mr Feeny who was getting the two married and everything else.
Now all that had to be done was to get married.
Maya was nerves about pretty much everything while Katy was so excited she could burst.

"Okay. The flowers are white, purple and pink. All of the dresses are pink while each of the men will have a little red flower on the chest. All extra guests coming is Lucas and Ava, right?" Topanga asked.
"Baby Girl who are you bringing? Have you asked someone?"
"Actually Joshua Matthews asked me to go with him or just to be his acquaintance for the wedding since we are both going to be there. Relax nothing is going on between us we are friends. We just thought it would be nice if we are together. Less needed to talk to people about this and that," Maya said.
"Shawn told me you guys are spending a lot of time together. Cellphone contact, calling each other before school, hanging out at night at either his dorm or the apartment. Discussing each other's day, what us happening the next... "
"Yeah cause we talk Mom. And there is nothing wrong with that. He doesn't know anyone in New York City besides his family, Shawn and me so obviously we'll have a bit of contact," Maya said.
"More like a lot. That why you don't actually do all the stuff you did? Like seeing us at the bakery after school to start with," Riley said.
"I'm getting to know him. Listen Mom can we get going? We have to pick up our dresses," Maya said.
"Okay let's go then. I'll see you guys tomorrow," Katy said and they were gone.

They picked everything up and then went straight home.
They didn't actually see Shawn so that definitely helped a lot.
Maya went straight to her room while Katy had to go back to the diner for a bit.
Maya just quickly took a shower washing her hair and blow dried it.
She tied it up in a bun and than her phone rang.
She smiled as she saw Josh's name on her screen.

"Josh, hey," Maya said.
"You already showered?" Josh asked.
"Kinda. Thought I'd do that first since I haven't been able to sleep much. Have you ever heard of the bride's daughter not being able to sleep?"
"You are nerves. You are gaining a lot. Not just a step-father but also step-uncles and - aunts. You have every reason to be nerves. But try to get some sleep," Josh said.
"Thanks Boing. I'll try. How was your day?"

This was pretty much a habit.
Josh would call Maya about that time of night and the first thing he'll ask is how her day was, she'll tell him and then the other way around.
But pretty much even if they only do see each other once a week he wanted them to keep phone contact.
Which they certainly did do.

They talked until it was late and then said goodbye.
Maya looked at photo of her, Shawn and her mom.
She smiled and then she went to sleep.
Which she urgently needed.

05:30 Saturday 5 November 2016.
Maya opens her eyes and know what the day is.
The wedding.
She got a lot of sleep and can face anyone.
But she was thirsty so she went to the kitchen to find her mom.

"Couldn't sleep?" Maya asked as she poured herself orange juice.
"Why don't you drink a cup of coffee with me?" Katy asked.

Maya threw the orange juice back and went to sit down next to her mother.
She threw coffee, milk and one sugar in a cup before giving it to Maya.

"How are you feeling?" Maya asked.
"Now I am the one who is nerves. Can you believe it? Everything was fine. Last night I didn't even realize I was getting married but now... Was up since three," Katy said and Maya smiled.
"It's normal. I got way too much sleep. That's why I'm up this early. Riley is coming at seven so we do have some time. I said we will do hair and make-up. Ava is coming here as well then the guys will get ready for their own thing. Everything will turn out fine. Why don't you go jump through the shower?" Maya said.
" Yeah maybe that is a good idea. I'll wash my hair as well."

It was much later the day and of course everyone was really nerves about this.
This wedding was like the number one thing for everyone.
But nobody knew why they didn't act like nothing was wrong.
Riley and the rest came for their make-up and while Topanga was calming Katy down Maya got a text.

J: Everything will be fine and no matter what, Shawn will always be there for both you and your mother. See you at the wedding.

After that Maya could get on with her day.
The wedding took place and basically everybody cried.
Maya was as happy as she could be about everything and doesn't know why she doubted it for a second.
The time came for the first dance but first Cory had to say something.

"So we have a very special surprise for the entire dance. Maya thought well of singing something for her mother's wedding. So welcome to the stage. Maya Hart," Cory said and Maya walked on the stage.

"Heart beats fast
Colors and promises
How to be brave
How can I love when I'm afraid to fall
But watching you stand alone
All of my doubt, suddenly goes away somehow
One step closer
I have died everyday, waiting for you
Darling, don't be afraid, I have loved you for a thousand years
I'll love you for a thousand more
Time stands still
Beauty in all she is
I will be brave
I will not let anything, take away
What's standing in front of me
Every breath, every hour has come to this
One step closer
I have died everyday, waiting for you
Darling, don't be afraid, I have loved you for a thousand years
I'll love you for a thousand more
And all along I believed, I would find you
Time has brought your heart to me, I have loved you for a thousand years
I'll love you for a thousand more
One step closer
One step closer
I have died everyday, waiting for you
Darling, don't be afraid, I have loved you for a thousand years
I'll love you for a thousand more
And all along I believed, I would find you
Time has brought your heart to me, I have loved you for a thousand years
I'll love you for a thousand more."

____________________________________

Author's Note with photos coming soon.
* meaning scene is not put in.