Chapter 38 - Going Back Home

It was close to noon and Alan and Amy finally came back from all their errands.
They saw that Josh's car was packed but not where he or Maya was.
They went inside and saw that the two of them were reading some kind of book.

"Why is the car packed?" Amy asked.
"Because we are leaving at two," Josh said.
"You just got here yesterday," Alan said.
"Yeah. I have college tomorrow and Maya has school which she hasn't attended in the last week because she has been throwing up. Plus Riley is driving both of us crazy with all her calls. So I think it's time we go back home," Josh said.
"You are home," Amy said.

Josh sigh knowing what is going to happen.
His parents want him to stay where he is.
But he already found a new home and he wasn't going to let it go past him.

"No. I'm not home. I am in a place which I called my home years ago. You guys are too much on the road plus Maya is pregnant. I want to be there for both her and my child. Shawn isn't going to let she come here and I'm certainly not planning on doing long distant. We'll visit as much as we can but for now I think we should just try and figure out how we are going to survive this thing. Maya is pregnant. There is no use in denying that. I'm going to be a father and we're not entirely sure how to handle this. But one thing I am sure off and that's that we should get going and figure out what to do where this all started. My home is in New York now. I know it as much as you guys do. You don't not see me. We see each other a lot. But I need to figure out how I am going to provide for both Maya and the baby," Josh said.
"Oh so now this girl is also your responsibility?" Amy asked.
"No I'm not his responsibility. But he'll always see me like that. We aren't going to avoid you guys. We'll come through on certain weekends and we'll figure out a schedule in between school and college and being parents. I'm not keeping him from his parents. But Josh is right. We need to figure out what is next on our own. We can't when the baby is born say 'Oh this is my parents' responsibility'. Cause it's ours. And we're planning on figuring out how to deal with this and still be apart of the family," Maya said.
"Guess we don't have a choice," Amy said.
"Okay think we should say our goodbyes and get going before Cory starts calling."
"Look after yourself Josh," Amy said as she hugged her son.
"I will. Besides I think Topanga is taking care of both me and Maya," Josh said.
"And if she doesn't do it, I'll do it. Listen I would really want you guys there for the first couple of weeks after the birth. Just to get to know your grandchild. So I'll let you guys know when we officially know when he/she is coming," Maya said.
"Thank you," Amy said and hugged Maya.
"And come through on Tuesday for the party. We both would really want you there."
"What party?" Josh asked and Maya/Amy laughed.
"Your birthday silly," Maya said.
"Oh yeah. I almost forgot about that," Josh said.
"I have your number so I'll text you the time and place," Maya said.
"Thank you Maya. You better take care of her," Alan said.
"Okay let's go before we get another lecture. Bye guys," Josh said and they were off.