Chapter 87 - Seventeen And A Teen Mom

Maya woke up to her eleven week baby cooing and immediately went to get her.
She still couldn't believe that in a matter of a week she would have a three month baby.
That was absolutely crazy thinking like that even if she didn't think it was that crazy.
It was a Tuesday and of course even though she would like it, Josh couldn't stay at home due to his college stuff which he had to complete.

"Hey, Ruby," Maya said as she gently picked up the bundle of joy as she was looking around.
"Hey, Baby," Maya said as she quickly breastfeed her.

Maya definitely did want to do a fee things during the day but not much.
She was officially seventeen with a eleven week old but she couldn't do much.
She finished up feeding her child and then she went to the kitchen.
She found a bouquet of flowers, a letter, a box of chocolates and another box.
She was busy swaddling Ruby when she opened up the letter.

'Happy Birthday, my gorgeous. I'll see you tonight. Hope you have a fun day. Josh.'

Maya smile as she opens up the box finding a set of earrings with a matching necklace.

She smiles as she looks down at Ruby who were already asleep again and puts her down in her bassinet

Josh was really making her feel special even if he wasn't there.
Maya hears a knock on the door and opens it up finding Topanga and Auggie there.

"Hey, guys. Come in," Maya said.
"He wanted to wish you a happy birthday personally," Topanga said as Auggie held out a bag to Maya.
"Happy seventeen birthday," Auggie said and Maya gave him a hug.
"Thank you, Auggie. Come in," Maya said.
"Thanks. Aw, sweet. Did she wake you up?" Topanga asked.
"Yeah, I haven't even changed yet. She just stopped eating. What about some coffee?" Maya asked.
"I actually have to go. Auggie is feeling a bit sick so I have to take him to the doctor so he can find out what is going on," Topanga said.
"Let me do it. Then we can bond a bit and we anyway have nowhere to go. I'll help with the biggest pleasure," Maya said.
"Good. You be good for Maya, okay? See you. Thank you, Maya," Topanga said and was gone.

~

It was later the afternoon and Maya was just getting Ruby ready for bed.
She was almost sure she was ready to go down but she wasn't entirely.
And maybe Maya had to except that her whole life is now going to revolve around a kid.
The door opens and Maya smiles as she sees Josh.

"Hey," Josh said giving Maya a kiss.
"Difficult?" Josh asked pointing at Ruby.
"Not at all. She is actually very good," Maya said.
"That's good. I'm happy for both of us that we are finding a way to make this whole parenting thing work. How was your day?"