Chapter 36 - Asking Advice

It was a few hours later and Maya was fast asleep.
Josh could see that she was going to have days where she would sleep a lot if she could so he just left her and went to the front.
His parents were awake since it was after six just talking about their day.

"Ah you're up. Where's your girlfriend? We have a few things to talk about," Alan said.
"Still sleeping and I suggest you leave her. She is going through a lot at the moment," Josh said.
"Sit down Josh. Coffee?" Amy asked.
"Yeah. We talked a little last night about how things are going to be. And no. Not the way but how things are. Her dad doesn't like the idea at all, Cory gave the biggest lecture on earth, Riley keeps on texting Maya to find out when we're going back and all her friends could do is give her fake positive reactions which she could see put them in an uncomfortable position. And now she doesn't know if she can face going back to school tomorrow which is normal for any girl in her situation. I know that. To say the truth I don't know how I can help her," Josh said and Amy gave him a mug.
"Support her. That's all you can do," Alan said.
"We were not young when we had Eric. Your father was in his early thirties and I was in my late twenties. Maybe Cory can help you since he became a father very young. But point is no one is going to be able to help you guys because of your age. You're worried because Maya is sixteen years old. That is what's bothering you."
"No not actually. Maya is amazing. She's known for the past three years we belong together. It's just me who took forever to realize that. What I'm trying to say, I know this is just a way of saying we were meant to be but it's really hard on her because of how people are taking the news. But I think I know how to help her," Josh said.