Chapter 82 - Our Child

A few minutes later and both mom and baby was settled into the hospital room.
It was a bit quiet and Maya couldn't get enough of her daughter.

"She looks like you," Josh said and heard the door opening.
"Sorry, there are people here to see Miss Hart," the doctor said.
"They can come on," Maya said and instantly people came in.

Both set grandparents and the Matthews came in.
Riley was immediately excited to see her niece as Auggie didn't know what to do.

"My goodness. Look how little she is," Cory said.
"How you feeling?" Shawn asked.
"I'm good," Maya said.
"Your daughter is made of steel, Katy. No drugs, no epidural. The doctor thought there is something wrong with her due to how good she was taking it," Josh said.
"She's beautiful, Maya. What's her name?" Topanga asked.
"Ruby Hope Matthews," Maya said.
"Matthews? I thought for sure she would get Hunter," Shawn said.
"First of all I'm a Hart. Not a Hunter. Second of all, she is Josh's daughter so of course she'll have his last name," Maya said.
"And we knew that. Welcome to the family, Ruby," Amy said and the little baby started to coo.
"Adorable," Auggie said.
"Okay, we'll leave you guys to rest. I'll bring the gang tomorrow then you can have a quiet day," Riley said and everyone was gone.

"We're parents," Maya said.
"We're parents," Josh repeated after Maya.
"And she is beautiful. Just like her mom. You did good," Josh said giving Maya a kiss.