Chapter 94 - Five Months

"Ruby, what are you doing?"

Josh was trying to have a relaxed Sunday with his five month but she wasn't entirely having it.
Constantly she wanted to do something else.
Changing her mind every five minutes.
Maya smiled as she watched her boyfriend and her daughter play from the side as she tried doing some work.

"You giving Daddy a hard time?" Maya asked as she sat down next to Josh.
"Yeah, she is. She is changing her mind so much. It's first the block then it's the doll. Then it's the phone and then it's the teddy. She is so..."
"Indesesive?" Maya asked as she smiled playing with he and her daughter's hand.
"Wow, can't believe she is five months. Before we know it she'll be a year," Maya said.
"Yeah, she will be. But we can't complain. She is a very good..."

Before Josh could finish that sentence they heard noises from next door sounding like a drill and sighed.
The construction was now getting out of hand and even little Ruby was having enough.
Maya sigh as she stands up immediately getting asked by Ruby to pick her up.
She goes to the door and gets her jacket as Josh looks at her.

"And now?" Josh asked.
"Now I'm taking them on," Maya said and went out the door straight to the man in charge.
"Excuse me. Who can I go to about the construction?" Maya asked.
"Me. What's the matter, Ma'am?"
"What's the matter? You people starting to work at four am. I have a five month baby to take care of and you are making it very difficult. How long is this gonna take?" Maya asked.
"This your kid?"
"Yes. We can't raise her while this racket is going on so how long until it will stop?" Maya asked.
"In the next month or so. I'm really sorry for the inconvenience. If I knew there lived a young couple with a baby I wouldn't have done this. I'll tell you what. Me and my men will only start at eight in the morning."
"Thank you," Maya said and went back into the apartment.

"They'll start at eight instead of four," Maya said.
"Thank goodness," Josh said.