Chapter 26 - The Next Day

It was early the next morning as well as Tuesday.
Maya was still not looking better and hadn't told anybody about the baby or that she suspects she's pregnant.
She couldn't.
She was way too scared about what could happen if she told them.

She started her day like she has usually started it.
Leaning over the toilet.
She instantly washed her face as she was getting ready to face her parents.
She was still in her pj's and didn't want to face anybody.
She took a deep breathe and went to the kitchen.

Maya's pajamas

"Morning Baby Girl

"Morning Baby Girl. How you feeling?" Katy asked.
"Worse than I look," Maya said and sat down next to Shawn.
"Shouldn't I get you to the hospital? Just for a check up?" Shawn asked and then Maya's phone rang
"I'll be fine. It's Josh."

"Hey Boing," Maya said and Josh laughed.
"Hey you alone?" Josh asked.
"No I'm just getting breakfast to start the day with my parents," Maya said.
"I got an appointment for tomorrow," Josh said.
"That's good. I'm actually still waiting for my results for the test I wrote last week."

Josh wanted to ask what she was talking about but knew it was an act so her parents don't suspect anything.

"I'll see you later," Josh said.
"Okay bye," Maya said.
"Bye."

"Wanted to just catch up. Had to go to college," Maya said.
"Okay. Will you be okay on your own?" Shawn asked.
"Yeah. Josh is popping in around lunch time so I won't be alone all day," Maya said.
"Good luck Sweetheart. Let's go Katy," Shawn said.
"Okay."

Maya took a breathe when her parents were gone.
She can finally relax.
She was feeling a bit nauseas but knew she had to eat something.
She looked in the fridge and then she just grabbed some grapes and nectarines.

The morning went by and Maya didn't throw up once after she ate breakfast.
She thinks it's probably something to do with dairy which she hadn't had yet.

It was around twelve-thirty and Maya was just eating a salad.
She was definitely feeling a bit better but knows she can't go on like this.
She then heard a knock and know who it is.

"Hey," Maya said and Josh came in.
"Hi how are you feeling?" Josh asked.
"I haven't had any dairy and not thrown up so I think that's the issue," Maya said.
"We can ask the gynaecologist to work out a diet for you if you want to. Otherwise?"
"Very tired. Surprised you got an appointment so fast," Maya said and they sat down.
"Me too."
"I'm actually glad. Hopefully we'll have this entire thing sorted out in no time," Maya said.
"Maya you have to realize it isn't always the best option to just let it go away. It's gonna stay if everything is accurate," Josh said and Maya sigh.
"I know. I'm scared," Maya said.
"I know you are. But I'm here for you. You don't have to worry," Josh said and Maya gave him a hug.
"What would I have done without you? I don't know what I would have done without your support," Maya said.
"I'll always support you no matter what."