Chapter 55 - Really

Shawn and Katy comes in the apartment and sees Maya.
They are obviously not really happy and of course Maya doesn't know what it is.

"What's going on?" Maya asked as she leaned towards a chair.
"Problems with a client. Nothing for you to be worried about. Really. How was your appointment?" Shawn asked.
"It was good. We saw kicks and the baby is really well developed. The doctor doesn't see any problems yet," Maya said.
"That's good Maya. You haven't reconsidered the abortion..."
"Mom enough," Maya said and walked over to the couch.

She has just about had it with her mother.
Abortion was never a idea that came across Maya or Josh's minds and it still doesn't.
She could never guess of killing her own child.
Not in a million years.

"Maya I want you to reconsider your decision. It will make your life so much more easy. Going through pregnancy is hard. It is not easy and it's only going to get harder. And how are you going to make a living? You can obviously not continue school after the birth and who knows how Josh is going to provide for you two. End the pregnancy," Katy said.
"No. And Josh doesn't have to provide for me. I can take care of myself. Singing. I want to do that. I have a lot of stuff that I want to get out as soon as possible. And maybe I can even make a career of it. I can be a stay at home mom and still have everything I need. I don't need a fancy degree or something. I'll be fine," Maya said.
"What if you're not? Maya life is expensive and with everything being like it is you won't be able to afford anything. Diapers, strollers, car seats, formula how are..."
"Enough Mom. I have it under control," Maya said.
"Really?" Katy asked and Maya stood up going back to her room.