Chapter 46 - More Drama

It was later and Maya was brushing her hair.
She doesn't know what to do about anything and just as she thinks nothing can go worse something like tonight happens.
Suddenly Smackle climbs through the window and Maya smiles.

"Smackle. Hey what you doing here? It's late," Maya said smiling.
"What Riley and the guys are doing isn't okay. I just wanted you to know I'm not for it," Smackle said and Maya sigh.
"Isadora it's not your fault. It's no one's fault. Some people act good and others not. You don't have to be worried about anything. I'm not blaming you nor do I think you're involved. I just wish I knew what to do," Maya said.
"You were one of my first friends besides Farkle and Riley that I made. I would wasn't to keep that friendship growing if we can," Smackle said.
"Yeah we can. Why don't you go? I'm sure eyou have like homework or Farkle is waiting for you. I have some research to do and after that I just want to unwind and go to bed. I'll be fine," Maya said.
"Night Maya," Smackle said and climbed out of the window.

~

Maya just finished her project about self image when her phone rang.
Josh.
She doesn't have the courage to face him right now.
Neither does she think she knows what to tell him.
She throws the phone aside and then she gets dressed in her nightwear before her dad comes in.

"Hey Maya. Are you okay? You seem off," Shawn said.
"Yeah. I just need to figure out where I stand with my friends and all. Riley is excluding me in everything from Josh's birthday to hanging out at the bakery. Smackle was here awhile ago trying to cheer me up and it helped a bit. I still have her friendship even if I am pregnant. I don't think I want to continue school. I think I want to leave it," Maya said.
"From when? Tomorrow? After the baby?" Shawn asked confused at his daughter.
"When the baby is born I think I want to stop. If I want to go on I'll homeschool but it's too difficult to go on," Maya said.
"Why don't you get some rest then we'll talk about it tomorrow?" Shawn asked giving Maya a kiss on her head.
"Night Kiddo. I love you," Shawn said before closing the door behind him.