Chapter 13 - Christmas Part 1

It was two and a half weeks later also Sunday and Christmas.
Everybody is really excited for this year and not just because of Shawn and Katy.
Well the Matthews were but Maya was excited about this year since it would be her first Christmas since she and Josh are together.

It was early the morning and Maya woke up excited.
She didn't just want to let it be night but she could wait to see Josh.
She climbed out of bed putting in her slippers and made her way to the kitchen.
It was filled with fresh smells of both pancakes and coffee.

Maya's pj's

"Dad what are you doing?" Maya asked laughing

"Making breakfast. I just made coffee. Get some. Your mom is in the room still getting ready," Shawn said.
"Okay. Wow you are going through a lot of effort," Maya said and Shawn realized something.
"What?" Maya asked.
"You called me Dad."
"Get used to it. The adoption has been approved a week ago. I'm getting used to the having a dad thing. Don't think it's gonna last long though."
"Yeah. How are you feeling about Christmas? Out first one together and probably the first one with your mom in awhile as well," Shawn said.
"Hey I heard ya," Katy said.

"Hey Mom. Listen are we all still aware of the plans? We are going to the Matthews?" Maya asked.
"Yeah we are. You and Josh have grown close to each other," Shawn said.

Maya hasn't actually talked much about that subject but she was pretty sure that she wasn't actually ready to talk about it yet.
Yes they were very close but not ready to reveal their relationship.

"Yeah we have. I'm actually glad we started to talk. He is a nice guy and I'm lucky to have him in my life. For the most part," Maya said.
"Breakfast is up," Shawn said.