Chapter 3 - Maya's Feelings

Maya and Riley were busy packing all their clothes and stuff out while Cory and Topanga were busy getting the others checked in.
They had just arrived and of course didn't know who owned the place.

"Cornelius how could you not know that Lauren got the place from her father?"
"I didn't. Should I have guessed? No I shouldn't have. Why are you..."

"How long will it last?" Maya asked getting a bit annoyed by the fighting.
"Don't know. Maybe a few minutes. They don't ever fight really long. My father is Cory Matthews," Riley said laughing.
"Yeah that's what I thought about my father," Maya said and shook her head.
"Okay I need a distraction. Ask me something or talk about something. Anything," Maya said.
"Okay what is going on between you and Josh?" Riley asked.

When Riley woke up from her nap in the car Josh and Maya were outside just talking.
Maya seemed very comfortable which never happened and Josh was cool.
Like nothing new was happening which wasn't true at all.

"I don't know. Maybe that is something I'll find out. For now I don't know what is going on with us," Maya said.
"You guys would make a very cute couple. Just saying," Riley said.
"I know you are. But it doesn't help me to figure out where we stand. Which I really want to know. It's like nothing matters. When I'm with him, just talking to him the world disappears. I feel butterflies. My heart stands still and I don't think. I just do. Had to stop myself from doing something stupid while you were napping. Telling him what I do feel. Maybe that will happen one day but now we are just friend. Acquaintances," Maya said.