Chapter 32 - Telling People Part 2

It was Saturday, 11 February 2017.
Maya woke up and didn't actually feel nauseas or had to run to the bathroom.
She was glad for both of them.
But she woke up to her parents fighting.
She could hear them talking loudly in their room which wasn't very far from hers.
She sigh as she sat up and rubbed her eyes instantly to face a call from Josh.

"Morning," Maya said.
"Hey sorry. Did I wake you up?" Josh asked.
"My parents did that. Fighting. I really hope this isn't going to turn out like it did the last time. How was the rest of the evening?" Maya asked.
"Got a lecture about telling my parents. But I think we should do it together," Josh said.
"Arrange that we drive over this afternoon then I can tell my friends this morning."
"Okay. How are you feeling?" Josh asked.
"Not nauseas which is really good. I actually feel okay for a change," Maya said.
"I'm really glad. Okay I'm going to leave you to figure out this entire thing with your friends and then I'll let you know about my parents," Josh said.
"Okay."
"Love you," Josh said.
"Love you too. Bye."

Maya put her phone down and instantly her parents come in her room.

"Who are you talking to this early on a Saturday?" Katy asked.
"Josh. He wants me to come with when we tell his parents so we're telling them this afternoon if we can arrange it. But I have to get going. I want to tell my friends about the baby," Maya said.
"Want something to eat or are you nauseas?" Shawn asked.
"No but I'll get something at the bakery. I'll be fine. I promise," Maya said.
"If you hurry I can give you a lift," Katy said.
"Yeah I'm just going to text everyone and then I'll just get dressed," Maya said and her parents left her room.

She then pulled a outfit over her head before texting her friends.

M: MEET ME AT THE BAKERY IN TEN MINUTES. URGENT NEWS WHICH I HAVE TO TELL YOU GUYS. LIFE CHANGING. NOT A PRANK.

Maya never texts in capital letters neither does she say life changing which will be what makes everything urgent.
She got to the front and then she and Katy drove to the bakery.
She sat down and ordered a smoothie then Riley came.

"Telling them, hey?" Riley asked.
"Does it look like I can hide it?" Maya asked.
"You don't seem pregnant but okay," Riley said and Lucas/Zay came in.

"Smarkle will be here in a second. Is everything okay?" Lucas asked as he sat down next to Maya.
"Yeah I'm okay. I just have some news to tell you guys," Maya said.

"Who's going away?" Farkle asked and Maya laughed.
"No one Farkle. Nobody is going away or dying. Sit down," Maya said.
"But your text said life changing," Smackle said.
"Yeah-yeah Einstein. Can I please talk without interruptions? This is really important," Maya said.
"Okay," Farkle said and Maya took out the sonar from her back pocket.

Everybody looked at it for a moment not knowing what it is and then Smackle cracked it.

"You're expecting a baby?" Smackle asked and Farkle's eyes widened.
"Are you?" Farkle asked.
"I'm eleven weeks," Maya said.
"Who's the father?" Lucas asked.
"Joshua Matthews," Maya said.
"You're gonna be a great-aunt?" Zay said.
"Yeah. We are still processing it from hearing about it last night. Can we talk about this?" Riley asked.
"We are riding to Philly this afternoon to tell your grandparents. We'll have to talk on Monday or tomorrow when I get back," Maya said.
"Well I've seen you with little kids before so I have no doubt that you'll be a great mother," Farkle said and Maya smiled.
"Thank you Farkle. Thank you for taking the news okay. I am scared to hell about thsi child but I know that I don't want anything else. This child is a blessing. Any child is a blessing and I know that no matter what life throws me and Josh, we'll handle it as it comes, " Maya said.
"I'm happy for you guys. What does the rest say?" Lucas asked.
"Not good stuff. We are trying to figure it out. But now I have to go pack. We are leaving at two this afternoon for Philadelphia. I'll see you guys later," Maya said and was gone.