Chapter 106 - Second Appointment

It was a Wednesday afternoon and Joshaya was at the doctor's getting baby boy checked out when Maya looked at Ruby who was keeping herself busy.
She smiles as she does realize the young baby has been through a lot in her life.
She just hopes that she'll eventually turn out not like her mother.

"How old is the sweetheart?" the doctor asked and Maya smiles.
"She's turning eight months next week," Maya said.
"You are good for nineteen weeks. Definitely showing very much. I'll say you will be fine. We just have to watch out for it getting close to your due date. Some kids are born early," she said as she went out of the room.
"We have nothing to..."
"Josh, look," Maya said as Josh turned his head finding his daughter crawling.
"Oh my gosh. You're crawling," Josh said and smiled.

~

"So, Miss nineteen-weeks. How you feeling?" Riley asked as Maya quickly popped in at her place.
"I'm doing good. We both are," Maya said.
"That's good. I mean... For you guys. Now I can say I'm sixteen and my first nephew is on his way. This is crazy," Riley said.
"Our lives are crazy," Josh said causing Maya to smile as she saw Ruby crawling around.

"Oh my goodness. Since when is she crawling?" Topanga asked.
"She started today at the doctor. Believe it or not. But she is super crazy," Maya said.
"She's growing up so fast. In just a few days she's almost eight months old. Where was the day when we rushed with you to the hospital?" Josh asked.
"Absolutely gone," Maya said.