Chapter 77 - Meeting New People

Maya was at home doing the washing while she was busy thinkjng about what happened awhile back.
She can't believe that she thought she was in labor while it was Braxton Hicks contractions.
She laughs as she gets a call from Josh.

"Hey, Boing," Maya said.
"What are you doing tonight?" Josh asked.
"Nothing. Why?" Maya asked.
"My friends want to meet you if you have the energy for people," Josh said.
"Invite them over for dinner then I'll make something. Will work better than being in a place where we are uncomfortable," Maya said.
"Okay, will do," Josh said and put the phone down.

~

Later the evening.

Maya's outfit

"Okay, guys. Let me introduce you. This is my girlfriend, Maya. This is Jeremy and his girlfriend, Candice."
"Please to meet you guys," Maya said.
"You too. We've heard a lot about you," Candice as everyone went to sit down.
"So you guys got the place from your grandmother? Nice," Jeremy said.
"Yeah, we did," Josh said.
"Candice, why don't I show you around then the guys can catch up," Maya said.
"Yeah," Candice said and they were off.

"I actually admire you. Doing the pregnant thing at sixteen. You have guts," Candice said as Maya opened the nursery room.
"Is this the baby's? Wow it is beautiful. Very Disney, but nice. Wow it really does look beautiful," Candice said.
"Thanks," Maya said.
"Yeah. How are you holding up? Guys don't always understand what being pregnant does mean," Candice said.
"I'm doing just fine," Maya said.
"How far are you?"
"Thirty-six weeks," Maya said.