Chapter 115 - After Birth

Five o'clock and Josh was sitting in a hospital chair next to Maya's bed.
Right now he was praying taht nothing happens to her.
He saw as the doctors shortly came to check on Maya but didn't reveal whether she was gonna be able to wake up again.
He sigh as he remembers a scene of barely half an hour ago.

"Shouldn't you maybe get some rest?" the doctor said as he came to check on Maya yet again.
"No. I need to be here when she wakes up. How is he doing?" Josh asked referring to his son.
"He's doing good. Considering it is very early he's okay. He's on oxygen so now all we can do is hope his mother turns out okay," he said.
"This girl is stronger than an ox. I gotta go. I have a ten month who needs attention. I can't allow my brother to take care of her the whole day," Josh said as he gave Maya a kiss against her head before leaving the room.

~

"Where is Maya and the baby?" Riley asked.
"Riley, there... There were complications. Something happened to make Maya go into an early labor. She's in a coma. She's not doing good," Josh said.
"And Baby boy?" Topanga asked as Josh picked Ruby up.
"On oxygen. All we can do now is hope," Josh said.
"What are their chances?" Riley asked and Josh looked at her.
"I don't know," Josh said.