Chapter 83 - First 24 Hours

It was the next morning and both Joshaya was up early with the little Ruby as they couldn't get enough of her.
Maya was feeling a bit sore but other than that she didn't actually have a lot of pain which wa svery exciting yet satisfying due to her not wanting to be in pain 24/7.

"You know she really does look a lot like you," Josh said as he and Maya looked at their baby who were asleep.
"Yeah, she does. Sorry about Shawn. Him saying she'll have his last name," Maya said.
"It's okay. You are a Hunter now so that's obvious that he would think so. Even I was surprised when you said you are gonna call her Matthews," Josh said.
"Of course I would. We may not be married but you are her father, Josh. And you always will be. I'm lucky to say my daughter has such an amazing father," Maya said
"And I love the two of you so much," Josh said as he gave Maya a kiss.

~

"Hello," Riley said as she came through the door.
"Hey," Maya said as she looked at her daughter still sound asleep.
"Sleeps more than me," Maya said laughing.
"That's good, right? There isn't a problem with it?" Riley asked and Maya shook her head.
"No. Wanna hold her?" Maya asked and Riley nod.

She gently took the baby from Maya as she sat down next to her.
Riley made sure the little baby was all covered as she looked at her.

"So how does it feel to finally have your own family?" Riley asked.
"I have a child at sixteen. I'm happy for the moment but I think I'm gonna wait until she drives us crazy," Maya said.
"You guys will be fine," Riley said as she gave the little one back.
"That's quite something. Mom at sixteen. That is crazy," Riley said.
"Yeah," Maya said.