Chapter 20 - Maya's Sweet Sixteen Part 2

It was later the afternoon and Maya was just sitting at the Matthews house.
They luckily didn't have homework or anything to do so that was nice and she was just watching Auggie while Topanga and Cory were busy with everything.
There wasn't going to be much going on for the party except a meal and maybe then a gift exchange but nothing much is gonna happen.

"You excited?" Riley asked.
"I'm excited to see you uncle. It hasn't been awhile since we saw each other. When was it? I think it was New Years Eve when we saw each other for the last time."
"I really love that you guys are getting along so good," Riley said.

Maya was just feeling more quilty as those words since she hasn't actually told anyone anything about her and Josh and it's been like three months since they actually started to date.
But she wasn't feeling bad for not actually telling anyone because she did feel like she was happy.
No she didn't feel like that.
She was truly happy.
And right now there is nothing she could ask for more.
She has amazing parents/friends and besides that she is in a relationship with the most kindest guy on the earth.

Josh comes through the door and immediately gets greeted by everyone else.
Maya sigh as she waits till he comes to her since she doesn't want to draw too much attention.

"Hey," Josh said giving Maya a hug.
"Hey how are you?" Maya asked.
"I'm good. Happy Birthday," Josh said.
"Thank you," Maya said.
"Okay let's begin. With what do you want to start with?" Topanga asked.
"Let's eat something while the food is still warm," Maya said.
"Good idea."

~

It was later the night and Maya was on the roof looking at the view.
The wind was ice cold but Maya wasn't actually moving much.
She enjoyed having as much time alone as she wanted.
And it was usually with this time on the roof that Josh will come and talk to her.

"And if the birthday girl is sitting out here?" Josh asked as he threw a blanket over Maya's shoulder.
"The birthday girl is taking a break. They are crazy inside. Has your niece..."
"Nope," Josh said and Maya smiled.
"Here," Josh said as he gave Maya a box.
"You are literally spoiling me into the ground," Maya said and opened dthe box to find a silver necklace.

"Thank you. I really am one lucky girl to have a guy like you in my life," Maya said.
"Why wouldn't you be? Think I'm the lucky one though. Being able to say I have someone in my life which is as great as you are. I love you," Josh said.
"I love you too," Maya said and gave Josh a kiss.