Chapter 31 - Bad Reaction

Maya's pov

There was a silence in the room.
My dad looked furious while the Matthews just stood there.
Neither me or Josh had any idea what to do and I don't think we ever will.

"It's his!" comes out of Shawn's mouth and Maya shakes her head.
"Yeah. Josh is the father. We have been going out for awhile since October," Maya said.
"Ski Lodge?" Riley asked.
"You took her out the one night before the wedding. A week before," Shawn said.
"That's why you guys went as each other's date," Katy said.
"I'm not comfortable with this at all. Not even a little bit. How could you guys date without us knowing? That was four months ago. Four months!" Shawn yelled and Josh decided to intervene.
"Shawn calm down. We didn't want to hide it and we certainly didn't plan on telling you guys about us along with the news that Maya is pregnant. After the wedding we did discuss telling you guys at some point and then Thanksgiving and Christmas came and Maya still wasn't ready. New Years and her birthday came along and we weren't sure if now was the right time to tell anyone. So we put it off until we were ready. About two weeks went by and Maya started to feel sick. She eventually guessed it wasn't a tummy bug and we went to the doctor," Josh said.

Everybody just shook their head knowing that they can't do anything about the situation but didn't like it one bit.

"How far are you?" Katy asked trying to show a little bit of interest.
"Eleven weeks," Maya said.
"Exactly?" Topanga asked.
"Exactly eleven weeks, yeah. We went to the doctor on Wednesday and she told us everything we need to know," Maya said.
"You are too far for an abortion," Katy said.
"I wouldn't even think about it either. I'm not going to kill my own child," Maya said with certainty in her voice.
"You are sixteen Maya," Katy said
"And you are barely nineteen. Does Mom and Dad know?" Cory asked.
"No. Until today nobody even knew about us Cory," Josh said.

Cory looked at Joshaya (pairing name of Josh and Maya which I will be using a lot).
He had no idea how they did it but wanted to know.

"How could you guys hide it for four months? You must have acted somehow romantic towards each other in front of other people," Cory said.
"We acted close but that would be normal since we know each other for so long. Besides that we acted normal. Seeing each other and talking to each other wasn't as weird as we thought it was," Josh said.
"Not a lot of people know we are seeing each other as friends or more. Even the people going to his college doesn't actually know a lot about me. We keep it pretty low profile since we are three years apart and many people see that as a bit weird. We wanted to get use to the idea before we told people. But I didn't know when we told people it would be with the news that I am pregnant," Maya said.
"You guys made a mistake and now you have to face the consequences. I went through the same story when I got pregnant with you. But promise me you aren't going to let things change," Katy said.
"Mom things are gonna change. This baby is due September 1 st if not earlier. I'm having this baby this year and this are gonna change," Maya said.
"Let's go home. We're not mad. We just need the time to process everything," Shawn said.
"I'll see you guys tomorrow," Maya said and they were gone.

"And now I'm getting the lecture of my life," Josh said as he sat down waiting for his brother to start talking.