Chapter 19 - Maya's Sweet Sixteen Part 1

Monday, 16 January 2017.
Maya is sixteen years old.
It has been about two weeks since New Years and everybody is really excited about today.
Maya self was up early but not for the reason you may think.
She had a task to do which she hasn't gotten until late and didn't do it over the weekend.
She sighs as she writes the last three words then her phone rings.

"Boing. What are you doing up?" Maya asked.
"What are you doing up?" Josh asked.
"Last minute homework," Maya said.
"Happy Birthday," Josh said and Maya laughed.
"Thank you. You coming to the party tonight?" Maya asked.
"What guy wouldn't be there for his girlfriend's birthday? Yeah I'm coming over. Listen isn't now maybe a good time to tell them?"

Maya and Josh have been putting it off telling everyone about their relationship and kept it pretty vague whenever somebody would ask about them.
Maya knows she has to tell some people but wasn't sure how to do it.

"So you think now is the right time?" Maya asked.
"When will ever be the right time? We have been hiding it too long Maya. At some point we are going to mess up, call each other something or do something that will change a lot of stuff. But if you think this is the wrong time..."
"I don't know. I just really don't think anything is going to change that much of we wait awhile longer. Whether we tell them now or in a month or so what's the difference?" Maya asked.
"Yeah you're right. But let's keep is down then. Maybe they won't even recognize."
"Listen I have to get ready for school. I'll see you tonight," Maya said.
"Okay bye."
"Bye."