Chapter 9 - Thanksgiving Part 1

Thursday 24 November 2016.
It's been almost two weeks since Shawn and Katy's wedding and finally everyone is getting used to call Katy Mrs Hunter.
But she didn't actually want much to change.
Maya have been trying not to get used to things but that was extremely hard.
She was already used to Shawn and what she didn't know is what was going to happen right now.

It was early the morning and Maya decided to get up early.
School was closed until Monday so she did have some time to spend with a few people.
When she woke up she got dressed and went to the kitchen.

"Morning Step-daughter. I'll need time to get used to that," Shawn said and Maya smiled.
"Funny. What is for breakfast?" Maya asked as she sat down.
"French toast, fruit salad and coffee. Okay with that?" Shawn asked.
"That is perfect," Maya said as Shawn gave her a plate.

Maya had recently since her mom did get married start to eat at home.
Made more sense since she did have a step-dad now.
Shawn and Katy have been married for two weeks and nothing can be more perfect.
Maya finished eating and then she went to Riley's.
She climbed up the fire exit and into Riley's room.

"Overdoing it?" Riley asks referring to Maya's outfit.
"Are you dressed up like that because you know Josh is coming?" Riley asked.
"You silly? Look at you," Maya said.

Maya's outfit

Riley's outfit

Riley's outfit

"Maya I always dress like this

"Maya I always dress like this. Didn't know you even own a dress. But it does look pretty," Riley said.
"Shawn gave it to me yesterday for the day. His contribution to his step-daughter's look. He is acting very daddy-ish lately. But I like it. Besides I don't have to have a reason to wear something my mother's husband gave me. And... It's Josh. Who do I have to impress?" Maya asked.

It was much later the day and now everyone was at the Matthews house.
Shawn and Katy were talking and Maya wondered what was so serious.
Josh came through the door and immediately saw Maya was sitting aside.

"And if you're sitting here?" Josh asked as he gave Maya a hug.
"Something really weird is going on. They have been talking for hours. Something is gonna happen," Maya said and stood up.

"Listen we have an exciting announcement or actually a question for Maya," Katy said.
"What's going on guys? I saw you guys talking for hours. Is something bad going to happen?" Maya asked.

Shawn and Katy looked at each other before Shawn handed a piece of paper to Maya.
She looked at her mother as she quickly read the title.

'Adoption Aqquirements.'

" You wanna adopt me?" Maya asked and looked at them.
" WHAT!" Cory and Riley said while Josh didn't take his eyes off Maya.

Something else was gonna happen.
Maya wasn't acting like they wanted her to act.
Neither how he thought she would act.

"What do you say Baby Girl?" Katy asked.
"Um... I need a second," Maya said before storming out of the apartment.

She went to the top of the roof where she could just let go.
She went to the edge and looked out.
The cold air was something she didn't get cause she was inside.
The wind blew her hair out of her face and she breathed in.
She beard footsteps but didn't look back.

"Maya?"