Chapter 75 - Hospital Visit

Friday, September 15, and Maya was now just about thirty-four weeks pregnant.
She and Josh were starting to get a bit paranoid as their child was expected to be born within the next six weeks or maybe earlier.
It was early the morning and Maya finally did wake up to yet another restless night which she has had a lot of.
But this time it was something way more serious than they thought it would be.
She was experiencing some very bad cramps and knew that it would just be a matter of time before it would go away but it didn't.
She took a deep breathe as she calmed down.

"Josh!" she yelled causing Josh to rush to her.
"Hey, what's the matter?" Josh asked sitting down next to her.
"Something isn't right," Maya said as she took a breathe.
"Okay. I'll get the hospital bag then we'll let the doctors check you out," Josh said.

~

The car ride wasn't very long but the longest Maya has ever experienced in her life due to the very bad cramping.
About half way to the hospital it did calm down a bit and she started to relax once again.

"Doing okay?" Josh asked keeping his eyes on the road.
"A bit better but I do think we should get it checked out," Maya said.
"Yeah," Josh said as he parked the car helping Maya out.

"Sorry, could I get some help?" Josh asked and a nurse brought a wheelchair closer.
"What's the matter?"
"Sudden cramos which are pretty bad. She's thirty-four weeks pregnant," Josh said.
"Okay. I'll get the doctor. Take her to a room," the matron said.