Chapter 11 - Second Date

It was two days later as well as Saturday.
Shawn and Katy were both at work.
Shawn in Manhattan and for a shoot and Katy at the bakery.
Riley had a date with Lucas while Auggie had one with Ava.
Maya didn't have any plans for the day until Josh texted her to say they are doing something.

They didn't actually do a lot besides watch movies at his college dorm but it was certainly something else than just doing nothing.
The movies were lined up from Mamma Mia, The Last Song and of course both of the Princess Diaries books.
It was about five-thirty when the two of them had finished watching The Last Song and both was tired of watching television so Josh showed Maya around his college grounds.

"You know you are the only girl I know who is comfortable watching movies in a college dorm inseatd of going on like a real date?" Josh said.
"Real funny," Maya said laughing.
"I'm serious. I don't think I've ever met someone like you before. Doing that would be something girls would do when going through a break up. In the mean time watching movies on a Saturday you consider a date. It's amazing that I found you. I actually want to discuss something with you."

Josh and Maya went to sit down on a bench nearby.
Maya exhaled as she knew what he wanted to say.

"You want to tell everybody about us?" Maya asked.
"Don't you want to either?" Josh asked.
"Not actually. I think I would rather just want to... I don't know. What do you think?" Maya asked.
"I think you're not ready for it yet. And that's fine. We don't have to tell them immediately but where do we stand then? That I know that."
"Where do you think we stand?" Maya asked.
"It's clear we both love each other and want to spend time together. But when family gets involved it gets a bit more..."
"Tricky. I know. Can we just go with the flow for a bit longer?" Maya asked.
"Why not? Not like we're in a hurry. Besides what are we gonna miss?"

Maya laughs as she puts her head on Josh's shoulder while he throws his arm around her.
They were comfortable and they were together.
Wasn't that all that mattered?