Chapter 15 - Christmas Part 3

It was much later the night and Maya was on the roof.
She enjoyed every second she got at the Matthews but now Riley was too much.
Like way too much.
Maya actually also realized she wasn't doing a very good job with acting like she and Josh are just friends.
Not just the looks but how they act and the way they smile at each other.

Maya took a deep breathe before she beard footsteps.
She didn't actually know what she was thinking at that moment.
She immediately knew who it was though.

"Beautiful this time of night, hey?" Josh said.
"Yeah it is. I love this time of the year. They always make the streets extra bright and everything just has more light. Reminds me when my father took me the one time to a show. There were lights everywhere and it was really bright," Maya said and Josh sat down next to her.
"Yeah. My dad would say it's the Christmas season," Josh said and pulled out a box.
"You shouldn't have," Maya said and smiled.

She opened up the box to find a locket with a picture of her and Josh inside from awhile back.

"Josh. It's beautiful. Thank you," Maya said and embraced him.
"Like it?" Josh asked.
"I love it. Thank you," Maya said giving Josh a soft kiss.