A Statue

Darien's POV

" Where are you going?" She asked me and I chuckled.

" Going to meet some friends." I said to him.

" I thought that you don't have any friends. I mean who will willing to be your friend. You are so boring." She said rolling her eyes and I chuckled.

" You can be my friend the if you think I don't have any friends." I said to her and she rolled her eyes again.

" I can't be your friend. You are no fun." She said and I chuckled.

" Like really?! Or you are afraid of something else?" I asked her

" What do you mean by something else?" She asked me looking anywhere but me. I chuckled.

" You know that better. You always try to run away from me when you know that it's not at all possible." I said to her.

" It's not like I can't run away but I love my job. I don't want to be suspended. My career is neat and clean. I don't want to have a red underline on it." She said and I chuckled.

" You just can't get out of my radar." I said to her.

" You think like that. I don't think your radar is that powerful to find Brielle out if she wants to run away." She is confidently smirking at me. I chuckled. 

" Confident, huh!!!" I asked her and she nodded.

" Very." She said. " And trust me you will not be able to find me if I run away once. Then you will regret it. So, don't just irritate me." She said to me.

" Really?! You are so confident, huh?!" I asked her. " But overconfidence is not good for anything. You better know that." I said and she chuckled.

" I have my ways to hide myself. I can even hide myself inside the enemy's place without they themselves knowing. You will never know that I will be around you but still you will not be able to find me out ever." She said.

" Interesting!!" I said to her though I didn't like her idea of hiding inside the enemy's place cause if they find her out they will definitely kill her without any second thinking which I don't even want to imagine about. I have to do something about this girl to tame her. She is getting wilder day by day. I have to find out a remedy. The sooner the better.

" Yeah, very and fun. The more risky it is the fun it is. You can't understand. It's thrilling." She said and I rolled my eyes.

" Like really?! Don't you love your life?! How can you risk your life like that?! If you you don't want love yourself then at least think about people who loves you. For God's sake stop risking your life. You are unbelievable." I said and she gave me a weird look.

" I did it once and Seb kicked me out of his team after that. I had to beg him to readd me in his team. So, I didn't do that again. But the thing is I can do that if it is needed. It isn't needed after that so I didn't do that again after that." She said.

" And don't do that again." I said to her.

" Alright." She said irritatingly. " But it's true if I want to hide then you will not be able to find me out ever. Like ever." She said.

" I can. Don't challenge me. You can never win over me." I said to her.

" You never know." She said winking at me. I chuckled.

" I never know?! But I think I know that you can't win over me." I said to her.

" I can and you don't challenge me. You can't win over me." She said to me. I chuckled.

" Alright, let's see. I will give you a chance to run away today. Remember if I find you out before midnight then you have to do something I will tell you without any buts or ifs. And if I fail to find you out then you don't have to giving me security. You are ready to go. I will talk to the admiral myself to take you back to the headquarter. What do you say?" I asked her.

" Don't you want to go to meet your friends?!" She asked me.

" Later." I said to her and she chuckled.

" Alright. This will be fun." She said. I nodded.

" Very very fun. I just can't wait to defeat you this time." I said to her and she rolled her eyes.

" I am going. Bye, Mr. Senator. I am going to get my freedom back soooooooon." She said spreading her hands either of her sides and a bike appeared from the opposite side which she didn't notice.

I was about to hold her hand and pulled her out of there. She looked at me and looked back over her shoulder and in a second she moved away from there before kicking the rider on the bike. Yeah, crazy I know that. This all happened within a few seconds to react.

" You must be mentally sick. Why are you riding the bike in the sidewalk?! You have bought it?! Or you got a license to ride your bike here?!" She asked him and soon the cops came they took that guy away.

" So pathetic." She commented.

" You are forgetting to run away from me. But if you don't want to run away then you just can stay and accept my demand. That's it. Easy no?" I asked her and she rolled her eyes.

" In your dream. No cheating. Don't try to track my phone." She said.

" And you can't hurt yourself anyhow." I said and she nodded.

" Done." She said and walked into the crowd.

I know where she was going. I just need to confirm that she is fine. I called Jeremy the security in charge to follow her. I got into the car and drove it toward the place. Soon I reached there and pressed the doorbell. A middle aged woman opened the door.

" Yes? Whom are you searching for?" She asked me.

" Has Brielle come here, ma'am? She told me that she will be here." I said to her and she smiled.

" Oh, you are Brie's friend? Come in. She didn't say that she will come today as well. She left in hurry yesterday. She must be on the way." She said giving me a space to go inside. " Have a seat." She said and I sat in the living room. I found a few pictures of their family.

There were a few photo of Brielle and Mackenzie hugging each other tightly. Other photos were Mackenzie's wedding pictures. I can say that these girls are so close to each other and I know why. I smiled at her smiling face.

" I forgot to ask your name." Mrs. Cronford asked me.

" Darien Krendler, Ma'am. Nice to meet you." I said shaking her hand and she smiled.

" When has she told you that she is coming here?" She asked me.

" In the morning. But can I make a request?" I asked her.

" Yeah, sure." She said.

" I wanted to surprise her. Can you help me?" I asked her and she chuckled.

" Ok. You go take rest in the guest room. I will send her there when she reaches." She said.

" Thank you so much, ma'am." I said to her.

" You really don't have to." She said and showed me the room.

I was sitting there waiting for her. I heard the doorbell ringing after awhile and chuckled. I heard her excited voice as she was talking to Mrs. Cronford. Oh, yes, Babe. Got you badly. I heard the door opening and stood up. She locked the door behind and found me standing in front of her. She was totally shocked.

" Got you, Ms. Wittgenstein." I said smirking at her but she was standing like a statue.