Fate

Brielle's POV

" That's the best color for the room. Who pained it yellow?" My grandma complained and I chuckled.

" It looks like mango." I said.

" No, it doesn't. It looks like banana." She said.

" Banana is a very nutritious fruit and yellow is a beautiful color. Minions are yellow, SpongeBob is yellow even Pikachu is also yellow. You can't hate the color which is of my favorite characters." I said to her and she rolled her eyes.

" I don't like this color. Change it, Kate. It looks awful." She said.

" No, it doesn't look awful, grandma. Just look at this." I said to her but she rolled her eyes totally not liking the idea.

" Alright, if you hate the color that bad then I will do something about it. You don't worry. You go handle your stuffs." I said and took the paint roller.

" No weird moves, Kate. Do it properly. We have to make it till this evening." She said and I sighed.

" Sure, Mrs. Beverly. Your stuffs will be done by this evening." I said to her and started to paint the whole room for my grandmother. She is very picky when it comes about the colors. I decided to give her a surprise.

" Oh, yeah!!!" I said and picked the perfect color for her.

I was coloring the room suddenly someone entered the room and the perfume was enough to tell me who it was.

" I thought you went back to Greece." I said to Josie without looking at her and I can say that she was rolling her eyes behind me.

" Is this true?!" She threw the newspaper on the ground which is spreading the news of my resignation.

" Yes, it is." I said to her.

" Is there any valid reason that you can explain me about this one?" She asked me and I chuckled.

" You need a valid reason for what?!! Even after all those things happened these years you still need a valid reason for me to quit?" I asked her.

" I need to know the solid reason." She said to me.

" You didn't have to come. I would go to Greece next week to help you in your wedding preparations." I said to her as I continued painting the walls.

" Don't change the topic, Brie. What's wrong that you suddenly came here leaving everything behind?" She asked me.

" Why did you run away from USA? It's the same reason." I said to her.

" Brie, my case is different. I just don't want to get involved with him. But you do love him. How can you be so irresponsible?" She asked me and I turned to see her.

" Yeah, it's me only. I love him but he doesn't reciprocate it in the same way. I understand that. He got bored with me. That's it. Nothing else." I said to her.

" You never know the reason behind it. Have you let him explain it?" She asked me.

" Did you let Cameron explain that?" I asked him.

" I asked you first." She said.

" It doesn't matter it won't change anything." I said.

" It would. Don't spoil things which are already settled. Go back to New York City and talk to him." She said to me.

" You go back to New York and talk to Cameron. Later if he does something worst in your wedding ceremony don't blame your fate." I said to him.

" There is no talking with him. I am not going to be having any civil conversation with him ever. It's done." She said.

" Why is that?" I asked her.

" I don't want to talk about that." She said.

" Has he done something wrong with you?" I asked him in a careful tone. She didn't answer my question.

" Hmm... Very well." I said. " What has he done?" I asked her.

" Nothing." She said.

" I warned you before. Is that's why you are trying to get married this soon?" I asked her.

" I told you that I am going to get married in a few months." She said to me.

" But not just in a month. What has he done to you?" I asked her.

" Nothing he has done to me. But I just don't want to get involved with him." She said.

" Why not?! Give me a valid reason, Josie. You can't just ignore my questions like that. Tell me what happened. I need the answer." I almost shouted at her.

" Because it's his family who were the reason behind our destruction. My parents got banned from their country just for his father. How do you think this will work for two of us?! How do you think we can survive in the same place under one roof?!" She shouted at me back. I was shocked listening to her explanation.

What!!! Is that Cameron's father?!! Like really?!! Who thought this will come out like that?!! I found the maids were on the doorstep to see why were we shouting at each other and it wasn't good for us to just shouting at each other and alarming the neighborhood.

" Everything is fine. Go back to your works." I said to them and they left. I walked towards her and sat next her.

" From when do you know that?" I asked her.

" Since the time I met him." She said.

" Is that the reason that you always kept ignoring him?" I asked her and she sighed deeply.

" I couldn't disappoint my family. They had suffered much about this." She said.

" I can understand that." I said sighing deeply.

I literally don't know what to tell her. Cameron is also my friend. I know he loves her truly but there is nothing I can do about it. I swear my brain is not working anymore.

" That incident has never left my family behind. We are still struggling. Who knows if Cameron is claiming everything for his family's shake?! They must want us to suffer more." She said to me.

" No, he hasn't." I said to her.

" Still. I can't believe him neither I can upset my family. I don't want to involve with him." She said and I sighed deeply.

Fate is a very strange thing works very weirdly.