Come Back

Darien's POV

We were sitting out of the ICU of the hospital waiting for the doctor to give us a greenlight to let us meet my grandpa who was currently lying lifelessly in the hospital bed. I can't imagine my grandpa being in this situation. He was always my idol. I have never ever seen this kind of situation. I wasn't used to this situation. He never even had any serious health issues. He was always very careful and conscious about his health. He kept saying he can't be sick. If he gets sick then I will also be sick worrying about him. I am really tensed as hell that my brain stopped working.

I was looking at my hands not knowing how to handle this situation. I felt my hands engulfing in soft warm touches of her hands which hold mine tightly inside. I turned and she gave me a soft smile.

" Everything will be fine." She said caressing my cheek. I sighed. She pulled me in an embrace. The hug made me feel a bit relaxed. I wrapped my arms around her.

" Don't worry. God will listen to our prayers." She said rubbing my back. I felt myself calming down slowly.

" You should have something now. You are starving yourself from last night, Darien. Keeping yourself starving will not help your grandpa in anyway now is it?" She asked me and I sighed deeply.

" I can't have anything. I don't have appetite." I said to her.

" Still you have to. If you don't then you will fall ill and your grandpa will not like that. Will he?" She asked me.

" I don't want to have anything now. Did you have breakfast yet?" I asked her.

" I can't have it while you're starving yourself. I will have something when you will have your meal not before that." She said and I sighed deeply. I picked out my phone and called Cole.

" Cole, bring your ma'am something to eat. She is starving. Come fast." I said to him.

" Sure, Sir." He said.

" I don't want to have anything until you don't have breakfast." She said to me.

" I will have it with you. Don't worry." I said and Cole came with breakfast in awhile. I gestured her to have it and she kept wearing that grumpy expression. I sighed deeply.

" Let's have it." I said to her and I needed to have it though I didn't have any appetite. She won't let it go if I don't have breakfast. She will keep starving herself. I don't want that at all.

After having breakfast I talked to Cole for awhile. He was also worried about this situation.

" Could you find out anything about how these happened?" I asked him and he sighed deeply.

" Sir, Benjamin was saying that Mr. Krendler was driving the car himself that night. They were behind him. They were just reaching him but the car hit the tree nearby." He said and I sighed deeply.

" The car's brake wasn't working I guess. This why that accident happened." He said.

" His car brake failed?! But how can that happened under everyone's supervision, Cole?" I asked him and he sighed deeply.

" We are trying to find that out, sir." He said.

" The sooner the better." I said to him and he sighed.

" Yes, Sir." He said before walking out of there.

I walked back to her who was sitting on the place where I left her. I sat next to her and she gave me a weak smile.

" What happened? What has Cole said?" She asked me.

" Nothing. We were just talking about the accident." I said to her and she nodded.

Awhile later we found Josie coming out of the ICU. I stood up and reached her.

" Josie, how is he?" I asked her. She sighed.

" We are still hopeful. Let's see what has God allotted for him." She said with a serious expression. I nodded weakly.

" Hey!! What happened? Everything ok?" Brielle asked Josie and I sighed.

" He is doing well." Josie said to her best friend.

" Don't give us a false hope, Josie." Brielle said and she sighed deeply.

" He really is going well. I am not giving you a false hope, girl. Relax." Josie said.

" I will try though situation is not at all supporting that." She said.

" I will go and talk to Dr. Isler. You guys wait there. I hope we will have a good news very soon." She said before walking away. I nodded before dragging her with me.

We kept waiting all day for any good news which was not yet received. But we sat there. Wittgenstein family was around. They tried to cheer us up. But the situation wasn't helping. We were hell worried about grandpa. Can I live my life without my grandpa around?!! The answer is no. He is my biggest support. I can't live my life without his presence. I shook my head to push away this kind of thoughts. What am I thinking!!! He will be fine. He will be. Nothing will happen to him. I kept saying that to me.

" Darien!!! Brie!!!" We heard Josie.

" What!!!" I stood up at once.

" Come with me." She said.

" Why?!" I asked at once as my heart started to beat so fast.

" Don't you want to meet your grandpa?" She asked us.

I nodded and we walked inside the ICU with her. She took us to him. This part of the hospital is always so horrible where people are neither alive nor dead. A mixed feeling clutched my heart. I found my grandpa laying lifelessly there. His eyes were half closed. Most of the part of his body was covered with bandage. He was looking very weak.

" Grandpa!!" I said holding his hand softly which he clutched at once. I looked at him and he gestured something. I couldn't understand. "You awake!!!" I said shockingly. He tried to say something which I couldn't understand. The nurse came and injected something to him. He slept slowly.

" We should let him take rest. I am hoping that he will get well soon." Josie said and I nodded.

Everyone send us home that night forcefully though we didn't want to. I got freshen up and lied down but sleep was far far away from us. She kept running her fingers through my hair. My eyelids got heavier and I slept slowly.

I woke up when I heard someone sobbing. Who is crying early in the morning?!! I slowly wake up and found my wife wiping her tears. I looked at her weirdly.

" What happened?!" I asked her. She couldn't say anything her tears kept slipping on her cheeks. It seems she was crying for a long time.

" Grandpa..." She sobbed.

I closed my eyes realizing what she was trying to say. It's the worst news for anyone to let someone dear go somewhere forever leaving them with the beautiful memories only from where they will never ever come back.